Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
ELEX
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
skyrrd Oct 18, 2017
I got my hands on a Copy of ELEX and (of course) tried if it will run with WINE.
The good news is, the Game installs and starts fine. Navigating the menu and also watching the intro video works like a charm.
The bad news is, the game right now is unplayable due to graphical corruption.

Here are two screenshots:

Wine-version tested: wine-2.17 and wine-staging-2.18 bundled with lutris

GPU: r9 290
Driver: mesa 17.3-devel
v3ntox Oct 18, 2017
hey nice, was wondering if it will run before shopping. Do update some more when if it works. Thanks.
Kuduzkehpan Oct 19, 2017
perhaps ELEX works better with nvidia.
skyrrd Oct 19, 2017
Quoting: Kuduzkehpanperhaps ELEX works better with nvidia.

Wouldnt that mean wine would translate to non-conformant ogl-calls? I don't think so, but well thats up to someone else to find out. I guess its rather some missing/broken dx11 feature.

Sadly i have nearly zero knowledge about wine debugging. Maybe s.o. else can give me some hint what to try.

Will also report to wine appdb later today.
v3ntox Oct 19, 2017
yes, because it uses dx11 so that must be the problem then. Would love to see it work though.
Pependos Oct 19, 2017
Quoting: Kuduzkehpanperhaps ELEX works better with nvidia.
No, the same things with nVidia.
ziabice Oct 19, 2017
Thanks for the info, it's much appreciated!

Don't forget to open a bug on winehq bugzilla, so developers can fix the problem.
skyrrd Apr 15, 2018
I thought i'd give DXVK a try with ELEX and know what? it's actually working fine (with some minor graphical glitches)
First few seconds are kind of laggy but as soon as the shaders are compiled it's a really smooth and enjoyable experience.

[Screenshots](https://imgur.com/a/WyWGg)
Avehicle7887 Apr 15, 2018
Quoting: skyrrdI thought i'd give DXVK a try with ELEX and know what? it's actually working fine (with some minor graphical glitches)
First few seconds are kind of laggy but as soon as the shaders are compiled it's a really smooth and enjoyable experience.

[Screenshots](https://imgur.com/a/WyWGg)

Are those pixelated edges the graphical glitches you're talking about?

I've played Risen from start to end in Wine, looks like it's time to start another Piranha Bytes game :-)
skyrrd Apr 15, 2018
yes, they can be kind of nasty sometimes (edges on faces in some situations) but mostly they can be seen on trees,mountains and details like on the roof plate in the first picture.
YoRHa-2B Apr 15, 2018
@skyrrd can you try with latest mesa-git and llvm-svn?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.