Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
ISO family friendly co-op multiplayer games
QoAaD Oct 20, 2017
My husband (Win 7) and I (Linux Mint) like to play games together. Our kiddo, who's also on a Win 7 machine sometimes likes to join us. We're having a hard time finding co-op games. We sometimes play Minecraft and Terraria, and will try Dofus, if I can ever get the blasted thing to run. Any other decent options out there? We don't have controllers, so platform games aren't so great.

S.

Edit to say, *not* Win2K but Win 7.
Liam Dawe Oct 20, 2017
Tough call, especially the requirements to run on Win2K. Also depends on the age of the little one.

Starbound maybe (although it has a fair bit of platforming), but Win2K is so heavily outdated that picking up anything will be a risk.

Perhaps something like Don't Starve Together?
QoAaD Oct 20, 2017
Doh, I was thinking of a different computer, they're running Windows 7. Shoulda stayed asleep a little longer this morning.
Kuduzkehpan Oct 20, 2017
Team fortress 2 ? dungeons X, borderlands X, torchlight X. world is shaping around online multiplayer games where u can team party group up with your fellas friends families, after internet became ordinary thing in our life. So i suggest check for online multiplayer games. + crossplatform multiplayer availablity.
Lakorta Oct 21, 2017
Factorio is really fun.
NotsofreeWilly Oct 21, 2017
BattleBlock Theater is pretty fun co-op game. The degree of family friendliness is up to you to decide since there is things like spikes or falling into lava but no blood and etc.
razing32 Oct 21, 2017
Rocket League ? Works with keyboard - and if you play offline with bots you might avoid some vitriol
Sanctum 2 is not violent as i recall - depends how old the kid is
Monaco is fun
Awesomenauts - maybe ..
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.