You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
A New Game Screenshots Thread
Page: «5/19»
  Go to:
EKRboi Aug 11, 2014
Quoting: HadBabitsWow, that's pretty wild. I was about to ask how you got Metro:LL running on a fortune cookie ;)

lol. Nvidia call it "Nvidia Surround" and AMD calls it "Eyefinity". Tons of videos on youtube if you have never seen a setup like that. Here is one of Metro:LL on 3 monitors https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QISQS2aV29s
EKRboi Aug 11, 2014
Grabbed some more ultrawide screenshots for everybody! Unfortunately I forgot to backup my KSP save when I migrated from xubuntu to arch last month :'( and I have not built any new rockets yet, so one of the premade default rockets will have to do. I tried to grab a shot of Duke3D running in native eduke32 but for some reason shots taken with xwd are coming out screwed up.

Kerbal Space Program
[

[

[

[

[

Trine 2: The Complete Story
[

RBDoom (Native port of Doom3BFG)
[

X3: Albion Prelude
[

[

X-Plane 10 (10.30b8)
[

[

[

[

[
Hamish Aug 12, 2014
I must admit, I do not quite the see the advantage to that perspective when playing a side-scroller like Trine 2, since ones exploration of the world is limited anyway.
EKRboi Aug 12, 2014
Quoting: HamishI must admit, I do not quite the see the advantage to that perspective when playing a side-scroller like Trine 2, since ones exploration of the world is limited anyway.

The only "advantage" is maybe catching an orb or something I passed by.. so you are right no real advantage, but also no disadvantage either. Plus, it is one of 2 games (X-plane is the other) for linux that I have played that actually offers the res in the settings AND worked OOTB without me needing to fiddle with cfg's or xorg conf trickery to make it work so I tip my hat to frozenbyte for that. Many games I need to run as a borderless window or just add to openbox's rc.xml and have it undecorate automatically if the engine doesn't have a borderless option because most things must only check the res of the first monitor and not the total virtual res when presenting resolution options.
Belarrius Aug 13, 2014
StarMade
[
Belarrius Aug 13, 2014
Garry's Mod

[
[

Need For Speed Underground 2 "with wine"

[

Elders Scrolls Online "with wine"

[

The Witcher 2

[

Spring ZERO-K

[
[
EKRboi Aug 13, 2014
cool. How does TES:online play in wine? Is performance close to windows? I have not tried the game but have been curious as I liked Skyrim. It's really the upfront cost + monthly thing that is keeping me from it, if it were a free download + monthly I would have paid for a month and tried it already. That and i'm weary of MMO's... I tried WoW years ago and it just wasn't for me. Other than a couple of friends I play Battlefield and Borderlands with I tend to be a lone gamer.

P.S. There is a thread for screenshots of games using wine, this one is for native game shots.
http://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/311
Belarrius Aug 13, 2014
TES:online have a pretty good performance! I using OpenGL with Wine ;)
Belarrius Aug 28, 2014
The Wither 2 :

[
Hamish Sep 20, 2014
Yeah, about that...

[url=https://postimg.cc/QHZ0phPp][/url]

Last edited by Hamish on 25 December 2019 at 2:27 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.