Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Get Brütal Legend for Free from Humble Bundle.
stretch611 Nov 21, 2017
What can I say... Free is good... Of course, you only get a steam key but I'm not complaining.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/brutal-legend

View video on youtube.com

From the Humble Description:
QuoteBrütal Legend is an action-adventure that marries visceral action combat with open-world freedom. Set in a universe somewhere between Lord of the Rings and Spinal Tap, it’s a fresh take on the action/driving genre, which in this case is full of imitation cover bands, demons intent on enslaving humanity and Heavy metal tunes. Featuring the talents of comedian, actor and musician, Jack Black as super roadie Eddie Riggs, as well as cameos by some of the biggest names in metal music it's a wild ride in the belly of the beast that is not to be missed by gamers and Metalheads alike.
The music in Brütal Legend is truly massive. Made up of 108 of the most rocking tracks from 75 different bands representing every sub-genre of metal, it is something to experience in and of itself.

The trailer has scenes from the game with Rob Halford, Ozzy, and Lemmy. Hard to say no if you're a headbanger.
Hamish Nov 21, 2017
Considering that this debuted in a Humble Bundle with DRM free versions, what happened to make Humble lose them?
m2mg2 Nov 21, 2017
It's a good game
Arehandoro Nov 21, 2017
If I recall correctly this was my first AAA (Perhaps AA?) game played on my Linux box. I loved it :)
g000h Nov 21, 2017
Quoting: HamishConsidering that this debuted in a Humble Bundle with DRM free versions, what happened to make Humble lose them?

It'll be down to the publisher's decision. And many game makers nowadays want analytics data on their user base.
Hamish Nov 21, 2017
Quoting: g000hIt'll be down to the publisher's decision. And many game makers nowadays want analytics data on their user base.
The publisher in this case is Double Fine themselves though, who were more than happy to have DRM Free builds on Humble before, and continue to happily do so on GOG.com and indeed have DRM free builds for most of the rest of their games on Humble Store as well. It is just bizarre.
Hamish Nov 22, 2017
Now look what you have made me do!

stretch611 Nov 22, 2017
Quoting: HamishNow look what you have made me do!
If you don't want to be tempted to play linux games, maybe you shouldn't be reading a linux gaming site, let alone be an editor. :P
Hamish Nov 22, 2017
Quoting: stretch611
Quoting: HamishNow look what you have made me do!
If you don't want to be tempted to play linux games, maybe you shouldn't be reading a linux gaming site, let alone be an editor. :P
Well yes, you can prove anything with facts...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.