Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «39/72»
  Go to:
zirak May 4, 2020
Quoting: slavezeo
Quoting: zirakhi! I'm a new user on the forum!

Dang, from the specs of your hardware that's a swank laptop.

and welcome to the club.

yes, it's a dell g5 5587
I'm making numbers to buy a much powerful desktop
Hamish Jun 16, 2020
I am a bit late posting this month, mostly due to doing a big clean up and upgrade of my Conky configuration after getting my new graphics card.

Last edited by Hamish on 16 June 2020 at 5:14 am UTC
Mezron Jun 16, 2020
Office/Gaming Desktop

Last edited by Mezron on 16 June 2020 at 6:09 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Jun 16, 2020
Repurposed my previous red themed wallpaper for a blue setting.

Koopacabras Jun 18, 2020
Quoting: Hamishafter getting my new graphics card
congrats on your new card, I had a 460 before this rx 570, some of them you can unlock some extra stream processors. it gives you a small boost https://www.teckknow.com/amds-rx-460-bios-unlocks-8-tmus-128-stream-processors/
(there used to be a page will all the bios mods for the 460 for all brands but I can't find it now)

EDIT: here is the page, https://web.archive.org/web/20180823153255/https://overclocking.guide/amd-radeon-rx-460-unlocking-1024-stream-processors/ (it was deleted)

Last edited by Koopacabras on 18 June 2020 at 8:35 pm UTC
Hamish Jun 18, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabatcongrats on your new card, I had a 460 before this rx 570, some of them you can unlock some extra stream processors. it gives you a small boost
Thanks for the links, but considering I bought the Radeon RX 460 with power savings in mind, and that my Gigabyte model gets all of the power it needs from the PCI Express x16 slot rather than from the PSU directly, overclocking is not really on my radar at present.

Compared to the monster that was my Radeon HD 6870 I am enjoying the smaller form factor too.
Koopacabras Jun 19, 2020
Quoting: Hamish
Quoting: The_Aquabatcongrats on your new card, I had a 460 before this rx 570, some of them you can unlock some extra stream processors. it gives you a small boost
Thanks for the links, but considering I bought the Radeon RX 460 with power savings in mind, and that my Gigabyte model gets all of the power it needs from the PCI Express x16 slot rather than from the PSU directly, overclocking is not really on my radar at present.

Compared to the monster that was my Radeon HD 6870 I am enjoying the smaller form factor too.
it's a nice card I played lots of really demanding games on that card, Rise Of the Tomb Raider, Dirt Rally, Xcom 2, some of them on low graphic settings, but nevertheless it's small but powerful card.
AciD Jun 21, 2020

A simple 9 virtual screens setup under Debian bullseye + Kde.
slavezeo Jun 22, 2020
New Desktop of the day. With custom Halloween countdown conky script.

d10sfan Jun 25, 2020

This is my desktop. Use KDE Plasma
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.