DiRT Rally GOL League - Group A Season 2
Page: «2/6»
  Go to:
Xpander Dec 11, 2017
Quoting: Skully@Xpander, Great video.
After watching. It appears I likely have my force feedback set to high still. As there is no way I could lift 1 hand to use hand brake in a lot of cases. I noticed you have a lot more mishaps than me, but you are driving a lot faster than I am. Which I guess levels it all out some in the end.

mine is 80%, when i first got the wheel i started with 50% :)

yeah those mishaps were mostly because i couldnt get the handling of the car to my liking. it was understeering too much, the reason i tweaked breaks to be more rear was to get it slide more with breaking, cause otherwise it just goes straight :D
Skully Dec 12, 2017
Done Finland. Was horrible run with 3 flats, lots of crashes. I couldn't get the car to handle over the jumps and bumps. I probably should of tried one of the other cars.
tuubi Dec 12, 2017
Quoting: SkullyDone Finland. Was horrible run with 3 flats, lots of crashes. I couldn't get the car to handle over the jumps and bumps. I probably should of tried one of the other cars.
Would you believe the only Lancia I've been able to somewhat reliably bring to the finish line in one piece in Finland is the absolutely bonkers Stratos? Maybe because you just have to drive it more carefully than the four wheel drives... I have no idea.

I'm going to pick the Lancia anyway, but I expect at least a few painful trips to the forest if not worse.
Arnvidr Dec 13, 2017
Had a pretty good Finland run!

Had some trouble in the third stage, where I accidentally killed a bunch of people (I must have really hated them, since I did the exact same thing when I returned there in the night stage). That was the same stage where it seems skully had some major problems though, so I still ended up way in front, which lasted me to the end. First time above skully on the table?

Besides the murder spree, only big mistake was a triple flip with a 720 spin (should have recorded) on the last stage, but I probably lost no more than 5 seconds on that, most of my lost time was to my inability to just keep up speed without speeding into the forest, so relatively careful driving.
tuubi Dec 15, 2017
Despite a few brutal crashes and one dead spectator, I had a decent run as well. The Lancia was actually pretty easy to control on the fast straights and jumps compared to most other cars I've tried. Maybe I just found a good setup?

Xpander is going to crush me, but I'll enjoy my first place until then. :P
Xpander Dec 15, 2017
im having hard time doing this.. somehow i lost all my wheel configs and i cant get it back to where it was.
got close but the feeling is not there.. 1 hour of messing with saturation and linearity ...fucking god damn how the hell the settings got lost... i will try to drive like this i guess :(

edit: will upload the video tomorrow.

first stage was kinda OK, 2nd and 3rd went pretty bad, 3rd one specially, lots of mistakes, killing some spectators and crashes. 4th and 6th went clean iirc maybe small mistakes. but the car was kinda dead at the end anyway. acceleration was really bad cause exhaust was totaled.

Those who drive with the wheel. Highly suggest you to make a screenshot of your settings, cause if you loose it its pretty bad, you can get used to new settings also but the muscle memory for panic monents is still trying with the old conf... anyway i still won so why do i even complain right? :D
Skully Dec 15, 2017
@Xpander. Sorry to hear you lost your settings. You can save them like you do a car setup, tho a screenshot is probably even safer. Seems losing the settings is complained about by a lot of people in the forums.
Xpander Dec 16, 2017
so video about this. i saved you the 1 hour wheel tweaking as i was quiting out from the league then and tested with custom event.

View video on youtube.com
tuubi Dec 16, 2017
Quoting: Xpanderso video about this. i saved you the 1 hour wheel tweaking as i was quiting out from the league then and tested with custom event.
Maybe it would be good if one of your videos actually showed the settings, so that could serve as your backup. :)
Xpander Dec 16, 2017
Quoting: tuubi
Quoting: Xpanderso video about this. i saved you the 1 hour wheel tweaking as i was quiting out from the league then and tested with custom event.
Maybe it would be good if one of your videos actually showed the settings, so that could serve as your backup. :)

hehe. i made a screenshot this time what i have if someone wants to test (i have really weird setup):

45% saturation
-5 linearity
80% all the force feedback things
rest is default, however i use ltwheelconf to configure my wheel to 540 degree, thatswhy saturation is quite low

ltwheelconf --wheel DFGT --nativemode --range 540 --autocenter 0
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.