Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group A Season 2
Page: «3/6»
  Go to:
Skully Dec 16, 2017
@Xpander. I noticed you set your car suspension very firm compared to me. Yet it appears your car handles the jumps nicer. Might have to try that in finland. Also your very lucky. When I crash in same places I get flat tyres :(
Xpander Dec 16, 2017
Quoting: Skully@Xpander. I noticed you set your car suspension very firm compared to me. Yet it appears your car handles the jumps nicer. Might have to try that in finland. Also your very lucky. When I crash in same places I get flat tyres :(

firm is better because it doesn't want roll that much when i make some hard turns that go down hill a bit. but it also kills the car a lot more with the jumps :D like exhaust etc. i actually was super lucky with the tires this-time indeed. For example last time i got flat tire just with the jumps :D cause i set car too firm.
tuubi Dec 17, 2017
Quoting: Xpander
Quoting: Skully@Xpander. I noticed you set your car suspension very firm compared to me. Yet it appears your car handles the jumps nicer. Might have to try that in finland. Also your very lucky. When I crash in same places I get flat tyres :(

firm is better because it doesn't want roll that much when i make some hard turns that go down hill a bit. but it also kills the car a lot more with the jumps :D like exhaust etc. i actually was super lucky with the tires this-time indeed. For example last time i got flat tire just with the jumps :D cause i set car too firm.
I tried a slightly softer setup than default to play it safe. I even saved it as I thought the car handled surprisingly well. Here's a shot:
Xpander Dec 17, 2017
Woow, that damping is way too soft for me to drive in finland :)

also, god damn i have made a typo in the event. Finland already ended this morning. my bad.
seems other events are fine with the timeframe.

First post updated
Skully Dec 22, 2017
Had a good run in Monaco. Only 1 little incident on track 3 or 4.
Back to using controller instead of wheel. Need to fiddle with settings more I think before I use it again. Still think I have ffb to high. It seems ok in some cars and not in others. Or maybe it's just me lol. But I feel more consistent with controller even if a little slower when comparing perfect runs.
Xpander Dec 23, 2017
DNF for me on the first stage end :(

i was flying, was on the best time course about 6.30 or something like that..

well one second gear corner, a bit over the snowbank and that was it ...
tuubi Dec 23, 2017
Monaco done. I had to do it in several sittings due to Christmas and job related stuff, and once my wife actually turned off the computer while I had it on pause. That happened in the beginning of the fourth stage, which forced me to redo the third stage as well. It doesn't count as cheating as the stage went slightly worse the second time around.
Xpander Dec 26, 2017
First post updated.
Will be hard to catch Skully with the points now :) DNF is really bad
Xpander Dec 29, 2017
Ohh how i suck on tarmac :D

S1: 2 spins, one with reverse needed
S2: clean
S3: crash into stones, spin
S4: crash into trees
S5: clean
S6: spin

lost most of the time on both long stages. yeah i cannot understand how skully drives so fast on tarmac, impossible for me, i slide a lot, loosing time with that and finding breaking points is where i struggle a lot.
Arnvidr Dec 29, 2017
One of my worst Germany runs in a long time, never got friendly with the car. I blame all the food of the last week :D

Horrible driving in the first stage, two instances of manslaughter in the later stages, ended up a bit behind this round. Bring on Greece and 2018!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.