You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
Video-making tools on Linux
Colombo commented on 11 December 2017 at 10:20 pm UTC

Hi, I am thinking about making some LPs. What tools do you use for Linux?

Is there any writeup that I can read that would give me idea what I should expect and be prepared to solve?

I have only earbuds, no speakers. Is there a way how to capture sound from microphone and from game at the same time?

dvd commented on 11 December 2017 at 10:28 pm UTC

There is a software called OBS, a lot of people use it to capture computer and real world video/sound for twitch/youtube etc...
I never streamed so i do not know if there are any other software or how OBS compares to them.

liamdawe commented on 11 December 2017 at 11:21 pm UTC

Yup, OBS Studio is basically all you need.

Samsai commented on 12 December 2017 at 9:25 am UTC

ColomboHi, I am thinking about making some LPs. What tools do you use for Linux?

Is there any writeup that I can read that would give me idea what I should expect and be prepared to solve?

I have only earbuds, no speakers. Is there a way how to capture sound from microphone and from game at the same time?
The stuff I use is Audacity + SimpleScreenRecorder/OBS and for editing I use Kdenlive. OBS makes recording both mic and game audio simultaneously easy but I tend to prefer recording mic audio separately with Audacity and syncing it in post for the optimal audio quality.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts