Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Video-making tools on Linux
Colombo Dec 11, 2017
Hi, I am thinking about making some LPs. What tools do you use for Linux?

Is there any writeup that I can read that would give me idea what I should expect and be prepared to solve?

I have only earbuds, no speakers. Is there a way how to capture sound from microphone and from game at the same time?
dvd Dec 11, 2017
There is a software called OBS, a lot of people use it to capture computer and real world video/sound for twitch/youtube etc...
I never streamed so i do not know if there are any other software or how OBS compares to them.
Liam Dawe Dec 11, 2017
Yup, OBS Studio is basically all you need.
Samsai Dec 12, 2017
Quoting: ColomboHi, I am thinking about making some LPs. What tools do you use for Linux?

Is there any writeup that I can read that would give me idea what I should expect and be prepared to solve?

I have only earbuds, no speakers. Is there a way how to capture sound from microphone and from game at the same time?
The stuff I use is Audacity + SimpleScreenRecorder/OBS and for editing I use Kdenlive. OBS makes recording both mic and game audio simultaneously easy but I tend to prefer recording mic audio separately with Audacity and syncing it in post for the optimal audio quality.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.