Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Porting companies in 2017
wojtek88 Dec 17, 2017
I started to wonder what happens with our friends that brought us so many great games. So here is the list:

Feral Interactive

New titles:
2 November: F1 2017
31 August: XCOM 2: War of the Chosen
8 June: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III
23 May: Total War: Shogun 2 & Fall of the Samurai
2 March: DIRT Rally
16 February: HITMAN

Updates / DLCs:
7 November: Hitman GOTY
34 August: The Total War: WARHAMMER Norsca Race Pack
26 March: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - A Criminal Past DLC

Looks like Feral have been busy for the whole year, and they have one teaser available for Linux, so let's see if we receive another title from them.

Virtual Programming:

New titles:
30 June: Micro Machines World Series
31 March: Putty Squad
14 March: Arma: Cold War Assault

Updates:
Countless updates of Arma 3 (I don't play it, so for me it's countless. I believe people who do play it, thinks there should be more updates).

Since August they work on MXGP3, however it looks like they are slowing down, really. I'm a little bit sad, because I always thought that eOn is meant to bring games to Linux in a fast wrapped way, but it looks like porting, even with wrapper, takes a lot of time. I wish VP will get back on track, because I've finished Witcher 2, Spec Ops: the Line and DIRT: Showdown, and it was pure joy for me. I'm grateful that VP brought this titles to Linux, and I wait for more.

Aspyr Media:

New Titles:
20 July: Observer
9 February: Civilization VI

Updates:
13 September: Summer 2017 Update for Civilization VI
Few more updates for Civilization VI.

They just announced InnerSpace, so it looks like they remember about us, which makes me happy.

It looks like all 3 companies are working hard to bring us some titles to play. What makes me sad a little bit, is that number of titles provided by VP and Aspyr is low a bit.
I would love to see porting companies providing us one title per 2 months. Of course it is just my wishful thinking, porting is time consuming and to do the port companies have to first sign agreements for particular titles.

Anyway, thanks to those 3 companies we have titles that would never be available on our beloved platform, and I hope they all will stay with us for a long long time.
Even if I am negative at some points, I am really grateful for all the work all those companies put, to bring us a lot of great games.
I wish you all the best Feral, VP, Aspyr!
tuubi Dec 17, 2017
Quoting: GuestThe Linux Games of 2017
I don't know how to get an accurate count, but over a thousand games with Linux support and release dates in 2017 if you just do a stupid search on Steam.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.