You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
WINE Game Screenshot Thread
legluondunet commented on 24 December 2019 at 9:39 am UTC

Avehicle7887I've finally had some time to setup mfplat properly to get the fmv's working in Darksiders 1 (GOG). What followed after were 5 hours marathon of gameplay.

Hello Avehicle7887, I'm very interested, could you explain me how to do that? Is it a stable solution?

Avehicle7887 commented on 17 February 2020 at 11:20 pm UTC

legluondunet
Avehicle7887I've finally had some time to setup mfplat properly to get the fmv's working in Darksiders 1 (GOG). What followed after were 5 hours marathon of gameplay.

Hello Avehicle7887, I'm very interested, could you explain me how to do that? Is it a stable solution?

Sorry for the months old late reply, All I had to do was paste the 32bit version of mfplat.dll in the "windows/system32" folder (used a 32bit Wine prefix). For the FMV's to work it the dll must be version '12.0.7600.16385' and has and MD5: '40b82688907a7dba4db3b5adde3eab3b' (searching eithert file). File can be easily found online.

As for the game itself, I fully completed it without any issues.

------------------------------------------------

In other news, Wolfenstein: The New Order just released on GOG and it works beautifully. The engine runs on OpenGL natively so performance is very close or equal to Windows.

Screenshot taken from my main system with Ultra settings and MSAA set to 8x (had to use ingame console for the latter):

More screenshots taken from my Laptop running Intel i3 5005U with Intel HD (Mesa 19.2.8 + Iris Driver), I'm actually surprised to see it run so well on this system:

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 18 February 2020 at 8:26 pm UTC

Hamish commented on 6 March 2020 at 12:06 am UTC

Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force

Interesting to note that Linux is listed as one of the "Intended Platforms" in this developer postmortem:
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3103/postmortem_raven_softwares_star_.php?print=1

It could just be an error, but Raven had already worked with Loki Software on Heretic II and Soldier of Fortune at this point so anything is possible.

Last edited by Hamish on 6 March 2020 at 12:10 am UTC

ageres commented on 6 March 2020 at 8:10 am UTC

HamishRaven had already worked with Loki Software on Heretic II and Soldier of Fortune at this point so anything is possible.
20 years ago?

Hamish commented on 6 March 2020 at 4:48 pm UTC

ageres
HamishRaven had already worked with Loki Software on Heretic II and Soldier of Fortune at this point so anything is possible.
20 years ago?
When the game came out, yeah. I could see it at least being discussed.

Hamish commented on 6 March 2020 at 6:12 pm UTC

God damn it Mitch, now is not the time to glitch!

Hamish commented on 7 March 2020 at 5:22 am UTC

Xpander commented on 7 March 2020 at 12:31 pm UTC

More Warhammer Online ( https://www.returnofreckoning.com ) Screenshots. Help, im completely addicted.

legluondunet commented on 7 March 2020 at 8:42 pm UTC

8 € Shenmu I and II on Steam, I couldn't resist:

Do not work out of the box, you need to execute this command before to launch it:
protontricks 758330 -q dotnet462 xact xact_x64

You can obtain Protontricks here:
https://github.com/Matoking/protontricks

Last edited by legluondunet on 7 March 2020 at 8:45 pm UTC

Hamish commented on 10 March 2020 at 5:23 am UTC

Star Trek: Elite Force II

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts