Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Editors Discussion
Page: «2/36»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2013
Quoting: HamishOne small problem: I was editing my Postal review to add a note that they did make a Steam release in the end, but now it is complaining about it having too short a title and it is refusing to take my edit.
That would be because of the new title minimum as laid out before. Mainly because a few times people put up an article with one word titles which annoy me (they just aren't descriptive enough).
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2013
Also please welcome "muntdefems" to the editing team, he's been doing an awesome job on the wiki and game sales so it's only appropriate he get's the status!
muntdefems Apr 9, 2013
That's it? No ceremony? No offerings? No young virgin servants? Man, I feel cheated... :P

No, seriously: it's an honour to be part of this team and I'll try to do my best for the greater glory of GoL. Mainly with the sales list and the wiki, as Liam said. As I once told him I'm a perfectionist and a bit of the obsessive-compulsive type, so a list and a manageable wiki to mantain are like candy for me. ^_^
muntdefems Apr 9, 2013
Alright, I just finished adding icons to all game sales that lacked one. I've opted for game covers or titles rather than screenshots because I think they appear crisper and less confusing. I've also chosen images as much squared as possible in order to minimize distortion. What do you think? Should I continue doing so in the future or do you prefer screenshots?
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2013
Looks great to me!
muntdefems Apr 9, 2013
On a related topic, whilst searching images I've realized that using Google's cache you can see the pricing differences between USD and your own currency. That way I've discovered that Desura doesn't always do a fair currency conversion: for instance, Running With Rifles' base price is $9.99 as well as 9.99€.

What I'm proposing then is to provide the price of a sale on all 3 currencies ($, € and £) when available, namely on direct Steam or Desura sales. If e.g. I'm submitting a sale I'll do it with the price in dollars and euros, and it'd only remain for someone on the UK to complete it with the price in pounds.
I think we should put USD first, then EUR and finally GBP so a) this way the prices should be ordered in a descending way and b) since the rest of the sales will be expressed in dollars only, the Price column could also become sortable, in order to find the cheapest deal.

What do you think?
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2013
Desura for some reason scrapped exchange rates, this happened a good while ago.

I will add in all 3 currencies :)
Hamish Apr 9, 2013
Welcome to the team [muntdefems](http://www.gamingonlinux.com/profiles/448).
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2013
Feedback needed on: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/home/world/

It's just a simple RSS grabber from several websites (including ours).

Eventually I will let users add/delete feeds (registered users) but for now what websites would be good (including ours) to list?
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2013
As previously discussed when accepting an article submission it will now check title and tagline length before it is accepted. Mainly because I want articles to look right before they are posted.

If people think 35 characters is too long for a minimum article title let me know.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.