Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Editors Discussion
Page: «3/36»
  Go to:
muntdefems Apr 9, 2013
Yeah, I had to add the '(April 9-16)' bit at the end because the title was too short. But I think 35 characters is OK.
Cheeseness Apr 9, 2013
Welcome muntdefems

Liam, something odd seems to be up with pagination. The next/previous links (which are less prominent and a much smaller click target now?) for this thread show 1/3 for page one, 2/3 for page two, and 2/3 for page three as well.
muntdefems Apr 9, 2013
About the RSS grabber, what sites are we currently aggregating? I can see Free Gamer, Linux Game Cast, RootGamer...

I don't think we should be putting our own articles there. After all, on the main page you can choose the source between GOL and Others, so putting GOL articles there seems a bit redundant, don't you think?

PS: Great idea, by the way!
muntdefems Apr 9, 2013
Quoting: CheesenessLiam, something odd seems to be up with pagination. The next/previous links (which are less prominent and a much smaller click target now?) for this thread show 1/3 for page one, 2/3 for page two, and 2/3 for page three as well.
Are you sure? To me it shows 1/3 for page one as well as for page two. I think there might be some wrongly initialized index, maybe?
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2013
The pagination links look fine to me.

Page 1 will show 1/# same for page 2 (as page 2's previous is 1).

Page 2 will show 1/#, page 3 will show 2/#.

It's always the previous page.
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2013
Quoting: muntdefemsAbout the RSS grabber, what sites are we currently aggregating? I can see Free Gamer, Linux Game Cast, RootGamer...

I don't think we should be putting our own articles there. After all, on the main page you can choose the source between GOL and Others, so putting GOL articles there seems a bit redundant, don't you think?
As for this yes currently it's those and us, does everyone else think I should remove GOL's from it?
muntdefems Apr 9, 2013
Quoting: liamdaweThe pagination links look fine to me.

Page 1 will show 1/# same for page 2 (as page 2's previous is 1).

Page 2 will show 1/#, page 3 will show 2/#.

It's always the previous page.
Oooh... I get it now. But then, on intermediate pages, why not to show previous/current/next?

As it is now, it looks like it's indicating page x out of y. That was my confusion anyway... :P
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2013
Yes I see what you mean, I will probably change it to be the current page, it does make more sense.
Liam Dawe Apr 10, 2013
Based on feedback the new pagination bit is now current page/max :), i agree it was a little odd on my previous idea but hey all in the name of progress.

I will also based on feedback remove our RSS from the "Other" source - does make sense.
fedso Apr 10, 2013
Question:
I'm trying to write an article but the youtube video looks too big in the preview, is there any way to make it smaller?

This is the draft:

To the question "are you planning on supporting Linux for AoW 3?" Age of Wonders developers answered:

"We currently have Mac & Windows planned, but if there is enough audience for it, we will of course also consider other platforms."

http://youtu.be/BHdojrcu61E

//comment: up to here in the tagline, from here on only in the full text

It's nice to see developers not only acknowledging the existence of Linux but also actually giving it a chance, a few years ago that answer would have been science fiction!

This is the facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/AoWSeries/posts/435974766492420

And for not-facebook users there is also a topic on their forum that seems appropriate:

http://www.ageofwonders.com/aow3live/topic/aow3-for-linux/
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.