Editors Discussion
Page: «29/36»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2014
Quoting: Cheeseness
Quoting: sobkasI don't see any reason to not try it again, but now with a more reputable advertiser(gambling site, really?).
IMO, it's better to chase advertisers who are in-line with the intended audience of the content (in this case gaming and Linux related stuff).

Also, I think I just accidentally reported your post thanks to a misclick >_<

Had this been discussed previously? I was surprised to learn that sponsored articles were being looked at.

I don't actually do any chasing for adverts bar one attempt on digital point which didn't go anywhere. Adsense luckly has picked up recently a little.

Yeah Samsai suggested to move the report link.

It was discussed on IRC, but as stated before it was just an experiment and it didn't work, so thankfully no harm done and lessons learnt.
Liam Dawe Apr 9, 2014
Looking at modifying gols current design to match this sort of look:
http://i.imgur.com/69unoCI.png

Any suggestions guys? Kinda set on a darker background for better contrast, but need ideas to make it look really good. CSS help appreciated to make it awesome.
Cheeseness Apr 10, 2014
Quoting: liamdaweIt was discussed on IRC, but as stated before it was just an experiment and it didn't work, so thankfully no harm done and lessons learnt.

Ah, OK. When I first spotted it, I looked through my IRC logs and couldn't find anything.

Quoting: liamdaweAny suggestions guys? Kinda set on a darker background for better contrast, but need ideas to make it look really good. CSS help appreciated to make it awesome.

I still think some kind of texture on the background might be helpful. Some subtle noise like the Humble site used to have or like we've got on steamlug.org at the moment.
Samsai Apr 20, 2014
I've been following Liam's problems with Reddit's moderators and today I decided that we should have clear guidelines for our moderators. IMO having these guidelines would give the moderation some consistency and reduce the possibility of "unfair" punishments.

I've created a draft here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80386521/Moderation%20guidelines.odt

If you feel like something needs to be changed/added then please tell me. Ideas are always welcome.
Liam Dawe Apr 20, 2014
I'm fully behind what Samsai is doing FYI guys.
Hamish Apr 20, 2014
It seems fine to me.
Liam Dawe Apr 20, 2014
Cheese, Alex, Muntdef and anyone else any thoughts?
Alex V.Sharp Apr 20, 2014
I don't really pay much attention to what's going on in the forum/comments unless somebody reports a post. Still, some guidelines are always better then no guidelines, so 'tis fine as far as I'm concerned. I would also add an option for a timed ban.
muntdefems Apr 21, 2014
I'm quite OK with Samsai's guidelines. :)

My personal view is that guidelines 1-3 should be self-evident to anyone who's not a dedicated troll, but nonetheless it's good to have them written down for everyone to see and/or remember.

If anything, I'd modify guideline #6 so any ban/deleted message must be explained to the offender even if an explanation hasn't been requested. It's not a big effort doing so and in my experience it can prevent some kind of people from ***ing around about «how arbitrary moderators are» and how «they deleted my comment withouth even an explanation».
muntdefems Apr 21, 2014
Oh, come on, we cannot say biatch in these forums? :P
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.