Editors Discussion
Page: «28/36»
  Go to:
sobkas Mar 15, 2014
Quoting: liamdaweHah looks good to me! For the tagline image it would need to be 350 in width (so just add extra white background).
I prefer transparent backgrounds.
Liam Dawe Mar 15, 2014
That's good too.
Liam Dawe Mar 17, 2014
In the admin review section there is now a public preview link, you can give this out to anyone to check over before you publish it (like a developer of the article you are doing for example).

Comments are of course disabled on the preview link and it gives a notice at the top to state it is a preview.

Been meaning to add that for a while, hope it's useful for others.
Liam Dawe Mar 22, 2014
I have adjusted the bbcode parser today, if any articles don't look right let me know ASAP. I couldn't see any issues on the latest articles.
Hamish Mar 23, 2014
What exactly is the difference between an Editor and a Contributing Editor? I was never quite clear on that.
Liam Dawe Mar 23, 2014
I will add that info to the first post it's been a work in progress behind the scenes.

Editors - Regular contributors for something, like Samsai for the regular GOL Cast and Muntdefems for all his sales work and The Funding Crowd stuff.

Contributing Editor - Helps out now and then, but doesn't really commit to anything. Has less access to things on the admin panel too.

Sidenote: I will be looking to move non-regular contributing editors down a level to Contributing Editor to better describe their roles, that applies to anyone. No point having anyone posting around with an Editor status that doesn't actually do any articles.
Liam Dawe Apr 5, 2014
Using the preview link from admin articles submitted will now let you view page 2 heh woops.
Liam Dawe Apr 8, 2014
I'm accepting sponsored articles now, so if you see stuff out-of-the-ordinary from me I assure you it's not spam.

They will be clearly labelled as a "Sponsored Article" with a tag.

Thanks to the first attempt we will not be doing it again as they approved it with a sponsored tag and then requested I removed it, to which I refused to do.
sobkas Apr 8, 2014
Quoting: liamdaweI'm accepting sponsored articles now, so if you see stuff out-of-the-ordinary from me I assure you it's not spam.

They will be clearly labelled as a "Sponsored Article" with a tag.

Thanks to the first attempt we will not be doing it again as they approved it with a sponsored tag and then requested I removed it, to which I refused to do.
I don't see any reason to not try it again, but now with a more reputable advertiser(gambling site, really?).
Like in the old proverb: "If you fall from the horse, shoot it and make a lasagne" or something like that.
"Sponsored Article" tag could be of a different colour to make it more visible.
And don't get discouraged by some minor problems, You are doing a damn good job as chief editor of gol, boss.
Cheeseness Apr 9, 2014
Quoting: sobkasI don't see any reason to not try it again, but now with a more reputable advertiser(gambling site, really?).

IMO, it's better to chase advertisers who are in-line with the intended audience of the content (in this case gaming and Linux related stuff).

Also, I think I just accidentally reported your post thanks to a misclick >_<

Had this been discussed previously? I was surprised to learn that sponsored articles were being looked at.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.