Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Editors Discussion
Page: «31/36»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Apr 30, 2014
Well I've already made it so the admin review queue had an Edit & a Preview button, I just need to add in some form of locking when you press Edit.
Liam Dawe May 2, 2014
So, who's the funny guy that put call of duty into our Steam sales list?
Liam Dawe May 2, 2014
Mystery of call of duty on sales page solved.

Whenever anyone adds a game to our steam sales compatibility list, if it's a package of games make sure you tick the bundle box, it's very important otherwise it will look for a plain appid which will be wrong.
Liam Dawe May 3, 2014
We just had our first major spammer.

Guest article comments will be closed for a few days until they give up posting that stupid petition on every article. It's a human doing it, not a bot.

I have also setup a cron to disable article comments on articles older than a year to prevent spam on old articles getting through the cracks, we don't care about comments on old articles much anyway so it's a good thing to do.

If you have ideas on how we can prevent spam for guest posts I'm all ears.
Alex V.Sharp May 3, 2014
Heh. Now I'm interested about reading this "petition", simply because someone put sooo much effort in posting it. Got the link to send me, liam? :D

As for preventing spam from guests, we could have comments with links need authentication from as moderator before they go live. Also maybe disallow comments with the same link when posted on multiple articles over a period a time.
Liam Dawe May 4, 2014
It was a rockstar gaming petition to get gta on Linux, it's years old too which is annoying.

I may add the ability to have some sort of mod-queue for comments, it's a good idea.

Also completely unrelated: Headlines can no longer have a ? in the them. Lots of people across the net get bitterly picky about "betteridges law of headlines", so rather than argue GOL now won't allow you to post an article when a question mark in the title. Stops me getting annoyed at peoples pickyness, and stops people getting picky about that.
HadBabits May 8, 2014
Is it just me or does the Steam Widget no longer work in articles?
Cheeseness May 8, 2014
Quoting: HadBabitsIs it just me or does the Steam Widget no longer work in articles?

Seems to work here for me (unless you mean a different Steam widget):
http://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/double-fines-hack-n-slash-released-on-steam-early-access.3647
HadBabits May 8, 2014
Quoting: Cheeseness
Quoting: HadBabitsIs it just me or does the Steam Widget no longer work in articles?
Seems to work here for me (unless you mean a different Steam widget):
http://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/double-fines-hack-n-slash-released-on-steam-early-access.3647

And now it's working for me as well... I swear my browser's screwing with me
Liam Dawe May 11, 2014
It won't show up if you visit securely as Valve has no https on their widgets :( which is why for all articles we still need a plain store link in them too.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.