Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
any news about "shadow warrior 2"" ?
titi Jan 17, 2018
Does anyone know something about shadow warrior 2? Will it still come to linux ? I want it so much :-( .
crt0mega Jan 17, 2018
Unfortunately not. It's going to be yet another abandoned but announced Linux port, I suspect. Wine-Staging is catching up, I'll give it a try this weekend.
Avehicle7887 Jan 18, 2018
It's a damn shame. Just two days ago I gave the first Shadow Warrior a test run on a PC I'm refurbishing (from 2006):

Core 2 Quad Q6600
4GB DDR2
GT 1030

The game runs bloody brilliant - Medium/High Settings, 1080p, 50+ FPS. Would love to have a port of that same quality.
g000h Jan 18, 2018
My take on Shadow Warrior 2 is this:

The developers 'Flying Wild Hog' did announce that it would come to Linux during the early days of PC release. They are not a big developer with enormous resources, and they have been porting SW2 onto consoles to take advantage of the massive monetary rewards of game sales in the console market.

Once they've finished off all their console porting work, maybe they will get back to Linux, maybe they won't.

As one of the TOP games I personally want to see on Linux, I really hope they do sort us out (eventually). Not holding my breath though. BUT, it is still possible it will happen.

Meanwhile, I watched this game-play video of SW2 recently, and I was reminded how fantastic this game is, and why I am so keen on it: View video on youtube.com
crt0mega Jan 31, 2018
It's on GOG and Steam AFAIR.
tuxdelux Feb 11, 2018
I went through my steam wishlist, and I removed all the early access games. These are the games that are promising linux support, but they have yet to deliver. My wishlist went from 550 games to 450 games. I figure Gaming on Linux will let me know, whenever an early access game finally releases with full linux support.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.