You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
ARK server shutting down
liamdawe commented on 19 January 2018 at 9:54 am UTC

After keeping an eye on how many people are interested in our ARK server and checking player count, I've decided it's time for it to be stopped. There's maybe 3 people who play on it, considering the resources it needs it's quite an expense for so little interest so I hope you guys understand. In comparison to our Rust and 7 Days to Die servers which have people on them practically all the time.

I am currently downloading the world backups, so I can put them online in case any of you want to re-use them.

liamdawe commented on 19 January 2018 at 10:11 am UTC

Backup of all world files and so on is here: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/uploads/golark.tar.xz

Will leave that file up for a month or so, that way you have plenty of time to grab anything you want/need.

Erin commented on 25 January 2018 at 12:54 am UTC

Bunk, I understand though.

I didn't realize you guys had a 7 Days To Die server. I've had that game forever. I'll be jumping on in a bit to check it out. See you in the world

Ardje commented on 8 June 2018 at 9:05 am UTC

What? I've been gone that long... Wow...
Well, using the server reminded me about why I usually do not play on servers :-).
Despite the graphics that game is awesome, but I had to air it with some awesome fortresscraft evolved, since that guy recovered from a motor crash, and banged a whole lot of new stuff into FCE. And ever since I am hooked on FCE again :-(.
I should just delete it... It's better... too much time :-(.
And after the next update (networked smart minecarts), it will even cost more time :-(.

liamdawe commented on 8 June 2018 at 9:18 am UTC

Thanks for the reminder to remove the world backup...

Xpander commented on 8 June 2018 at 9:32 am UTC

sometimes i wish the server would be opened again. without battleye and just password, so i could play with DXVK and enjoy the graphics the game should have.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Story Time: „Dreamfall Chapters“
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts