Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
ARK server shutting down
Liam Dawe Jan 19, 2018
After keeping an eye on how many people are interested in our ARK server and checking player count, I've decided it's time for it to be stopped. There's maybe 3 people who play on it, considering the resources it needs it's quite an expense for so little interest so I hope you guys understand. In comparison to our Rust and 7 Days to Die servers which have people on them practically all the time.

I am currently downloading the world backups, so I can put them online in case any of you want to re-use them.
Liam Dawe Jan 19, 2018
Backup of all world files and so on is here: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/uploads/golark.tar.xz

Will leave that file up for a month or so, that way you have plenty of time to grab anything you want/need.
Erin Jan 25, 2018
Bunk, I understand though.

I didn't realize you guys had a 7 Days To Die server. I've had that game forever. I'll be jumping on in a bit to check it out. See you in the world
Ardje Jun 8, 2018
What? I've been gone that long... Wow...
Well, using the server reminded me about why I usually do not play on servers :-).
Despite the graphics that game is awesome, but I had to air it with some awesome fortresscraft evolved, since that guy recovered from a motor crash, and banged a whole lot of new stuff into FCE. And ever since I am hooked on FCE again :-(.
I should just delete it... It's better... too much time :-(.
And after the next update (networked smart minecarts), it will even cost more time :-(.
Liam Dawe Jun 8, 2018
Thanks for the reminder to remove the world backup... :P
Xpander Jun 8, 2018
sometimes i wish the server would be opened again. without battleye and just password, so i could play with DXVK and enjoy the graphics the game should have.
Mohandevir Jan 27, 2020
Hi there!

I just gave in to the family pressure and bought Ark at 70% off... I have a spare i7-3770 with 32Gb of RAM and a 500Gb SSD and thinking about building my own dedicated Linux Ark server... Is it realistic with this hardware config? What should I expect? Other advices before I begin?

Thanks!

Last edited by Mohandevir on 27 January 2020 at 4:54 pm UTC
damarrin Jan 29, 2020
Last I checked the server required a few gb of hdd space and some 8 gb of ram, you should be fine.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.