You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
ARK server shutting down
liamdawe commented on 19 January 2018 at 9:54 am UTC

After keeping an eye on how many people are interested in our ARK server and checking player count, I've decided it's time for it to be stopped. There's maybe 3 people who play on it, considering the resources it needs it's quite an expense for so little interest so I hope you guys understand. In comparison to our Rust and 7 Days to Die servers which have people on them practically all the time.

I am currently downloading the world backups, so I can put them online in case any of you want to re-use them.

liamdawe commented on 19 January 2018 at 10:11 am UTC

Backup of all world files and so on is here: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/uploads/golark.tar.xz

Will leave that file up for a month or so, that way you have plenty of time to grab anything you want/need.

Erin commented on 25 January 2018 at 12:54 am UTC

Bunk, I understand though.

I didn't realize you guys had a 7 Days To Die server. I've had that game forever. I'll be jumping on in a bit to check it out. See you in the world

Ardje commented on 8 June 2018 at 9:05 am UTC

What? I've been gone that long... Wow...
Well, using the server reminded me about why I usually do not play on servers :-).
Despite the graphics that game is awesome, but I had to air it with some awesome fortresscraft evolved, since that guy recovered from a motor crash, and banged a whole lot of new stuff into FCE. And ever since I am hooked on FCE again :-(.
I should just delete it... It's better... too much time :-(.
And after the next update (networked smart minecarts), it will even cost more time :-(.

liamdawe commented on 8 June 2018 at 9:18 am UTC

Thanks for the reminder to remove the world backup...

Xpander commented on 8 June 2018 at 9:32 am UTC

sometimes i wish the server would be opened again. without battleye and just password, so i could play with DXVK and enjoy the graphics the game should have.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts