Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Your year in gaming (2017)
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
razing32 Jan 25, 2018
Now that I think about it , I forgot most of what I played in 2017. :(

Deus Ex : Mankind Divided
Pillars of Eternity
West of Loathing
Hearts of Iron 4
Dungeons 2
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War 3
Hamish Jan 25, 2018
Quoting: GuppyI knew my kids played more than me this past year but that list is almost shamefull

I wonder what the average age of someone posting on GOL is. Everyone seems awfully mature. ;)
g000h Jan 25, 2018
My list for 2017 goes like this:

1. 7 Days To Die
2. RUST
3. Dungeon Warfare
4. Dungeon Rushers (very grindy, don't recommend)
5. Crypt of the Necrodancer
6. Sky Force: Anniversary
7. Sky Force: Reloaded
8. FTL
9. Tomb Raider
10. Rezrog
11. HITMAN
12. Serious Sam Fusion (1, 2, 3 BFE)
13. This War of Mine
14. Planet Nomads
15. Iron Snout (free on Steam)
16. Metro 2033 Redux
17. Diamo XL
18. Ziggurat
19. Xonotic (free game)
20. Valley
21. Everspace

The time goes from about 300 hours in 7D2D to about 17 hours in Tomb Raider... and then diminishes from there.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I spend more time looking for game bargains than playing (doh).
Today I hit 1300 titles on Steam (763 Linux ones = 58.6%)

One more thing to mention... Even though I've got loads of Windows games (many acquired through bundles) I don't think I've booted up to Windows in 12 months to play any of them. (The previous year I did play some DOOM and Watch Dogs 2 on Windows.)
robvv Jan 26, 2018
Quoting: Hamish
Quoting: GuppyI knew my kids played more than me this past year but that list is almost shamefull

I wonder what the average age of someone posting on GOL is. Everyone seems awfully mature. ;)

Ahem... 44 here :-)

I started on the ZX81 and then BBC Micro!
Salamander Feb 5, 2018
It was a good year of gaming. I tried so many games like:
XCOM 2 -- with Shen's Last Gift
Lure of the Temptress -- with walkthrough
The Blackwell Legacy (PC)
Blackwell Unbound (PC)
Blackwell Convergence (PC)
The Blackwell Epiphany
But if to speak about games in real life then the best was the "Aztecs" adventure escape room last summer in LA . We spent about an hour to get out of the room. I didn't mention that it was a horror and really scary one. It was my 1st experience and it was a blast. It's much better than PC games 'cause the emotions are real.
damarrin Feb 5, 2018
I remember getting Lure of the Temptress back when it was released and I was able to get absolutely nowhere. I think I got to the end... using a walkthrough every step of the way.
Hamish Jan 1, 2019
A smaller list for me in 2018, but then I started on several large CRPGs last spring:

1. Age of Empires II: Gold Edition (WINE)
2. Star Wars: Republic Commando (WINE)
3. FTL: Advanced Edition (Native)
4. Prey (Native)
5. Torchlight II (Native
6. Ion Maiden Preview Campaign (Native)
7. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition (Native)
8. Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear (Native)
9. Shogo: Mobile Armour Division (WINE)
10. Unreal Gold (WINE)
11. BioShock (WINE)
12. Trine: Enchanted Edition (Native)
13. Trine 2: Complete Story (Native)
14. Soldier of Fortune: Platinum Edition (WINE)

Currently Playing: Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition (Native) and Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix - Gold Edition (WINE)
Hamish Jan 2, 2019
The UT99 Linux binary just gives a Segmentation fault on modern versions of MESA:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=108933

It was far easier for me to just get the GOG.com installer for Unreal Gold working through WINE I am sorry to say.
14 Jan 3, 2019
The Witcher 3 was most obviously the crown of the year, or perhaps every game I've ever played. I played it on PS4 and have no regrets. The rest of the list was played on Linux.

From least recent to most recent:

1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition PS4
2. A Bird Story
3. Spec Ops: The Line
4. SUPERHOT
5. Shadwen
6. AntVentor
7. We Were Here

I'm currently working on Shadowrun: Dragonfall and will either play Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest or Horizon: Zero Dawn after that.
wvstolzing Jan 3, 2019
Deus Ex Mankind Divided was the highlight of the year for me -- though I have to confess, that after a couple of hours with the OpenGL native port, I installed it on my windoze partition and contined from there. I'm sorry that I did this, though the difference in performance was like night & day. (By the way, the dx12 implementation in that game is totally broken; and I'm curious how dx11+dxvk would stack up against the native port.)

... also, Fallout 1, on wine. Really glad that I finally came around to playing this.

Other than that I believe I've wasted most of my time on gnome minesweeper, and NES Tetris (fceux).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.