Kingdom Come: Deliverance
sr_ls_boy Feb 1, 2018
This is definitely a sore spot for many here.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is available for
pre-order, windows only, of course. It has
a $60 price tag. Steam appid 379430.
Arehandoro Feb 1, 2018
I had this game backed and asked for a refund a year or so ago. They gave me the money back with no issues at all. A shame they won't release it for Linux, and wished they had not mentioned it during the Kickstarter campaign, but no grudge hold from my side.
qptain Nemo Feb 2, 2018
I think it's utterly pointless to expect anything relevant to us happening before release, but I'm still saving some hope that they might become an exception afterwards. It takes no effort to say "no, it's not happening", or "no, it's not currently planned" or "we don't know" or even to say nothing. As far as I know, they did neither of those things, and chose to stick to that they still intend to look into it. That combined with their display of conviction shown in the quality of their game in my eyes is a source of small but genuine hope. But yeah, it's hope not hype, and I wouldn't prescript it to anyone else.
riusma Feb 23, 2018
It seems that it may be possible to play the game with Wine in the near future if the situation improves a little (source! Not ideal, and I will not buy the game fullprice without official Linux support, but perhaps I will break my rule of only playing games supported on Linux for this one (the last time I've launched a game with wine it was for Diablo III, and probably before Steam on Linux was a thing if I remember correctly). :|
Avehicle7887 Feb 23, 2018
One thing he didn't mention in his post is this: https://gamesradar.today/kingdom-come-deliverance-pc-errors/ (the heapsize command), which has improved performance for Windows users, maybe it would help for Linux too.

I considered about making an exception for this and Wine it but - 50€ and Pre-Order exclusives. I usually care more about the pre-order items since they're no longer obtainable after release, but this time even money is a factor, a high price for a non native game is a risk I'm not taking.
Xpander Feb 23, 2018
i own this game, backed it way back when it was said to be coming to linux. Might try in wine at some point, but not sure if i want. If the DXVK thing improves i might or theres still 0.02% chance it will come to linux when cryengine big update hits with vulkan support.
riusma Feb 23, 2018
Quoting: XpanderIf the DXVK thing improves i might or theres still 0.02% chance it will come to linux when cryengine big update hits with vulkan support.

I may be wrong but I think they already use an old version of the CryEngine that they do not have upgraded (for compatibility problems between newer versions of the engine and what they have modified in it during the development), so I don't think that they will upgrade the game to a newer version... but I may be wrong! :|

Aside Wine the best shot would be a port from Feral, but the game is perhaps to much a niche for them to consider porting it (well, with nearly 500K owners in 10 days the game is perhaps less a niche than I think)... :(
Avehicle7887 Feb 23, 2018
Quoting: riusmaAside Wine the best shot would be a port from Feral, but the game is perhaps to much a niche for them to consider porting it (well, with nearly 500K owners in 10 days the game is perhaps less a niche than I think)... :(

They actually sold about 1 million as reported in the past couple days. It's very good considering the price it's being sold at, hardly a niche.

Bringing such a game to Linux would be a plus in giving 1 more reason to ditch Windows.
riusma Feb 23, 2018
Quoting: Avehicle7887They actually sold about 1 million as reported in the past couple days. It's very good considering the price it's being sold at, hardly a niche.

Bringing such a game to Linux would be a plus in giving 1 more reason to ditch Windows.

If it's 1 million for PC (my 500K are from SteamSpy estimations, which are not bad for that kind of numbers) that would probably not be a bad move from Feral to consider this game for porting (also considering our relative lack of medieval RPG / FPS)... One can always hope. :)
adamhm Feb 27, 2018
I'll definitely be picking this up at some point as it's at least available DRM-free on GOG, but as I usually do for games without any official Linux support I'll be waiting for a substantial enough discount/price drop before I consider it for running with Wine (at least 85% off at its current base price).

Hopefully they'll manage to sort out a Linux release though, in which case I won't wait for such a large discount... but if not then by the time it does get such a discount it'll be much more likely to run nicely in Wine :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.