Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Wine "PBA" - A new project for better Direct3D over OpenGL
Page: «3/7»
  Go to:
Xpander Mar 1, 2018
Compiled the patches also and tested GW2, Battlerite and Warhammer Online agaist regular 2.21 staging

System: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.92Ghz, 32GB DDR4 2800CL14, GTX 1070, nvidia drivers 390.25

GW2:
without patches: 25-50 FPS
pba patched: 45-70 FPS

[

Battlerite:
without patches: 45-70 FPS
pba patched: 60-90 FPS

[

Warhammer Online:
Didnt work with the pba patches, character rendered but all world was just black

[
coeseta Mar 1, 2018
Specs: i7 [email protected], 32GB DDR3 RAM, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X+, nvidia drivers 390.25

Did some tests in Lions Arch. the performance improved definitely. It went from ~25fps up to ~40fps on high settings. In other areas I have up to 120fps

Resolution: 1920*1080
Avehicle7887 Mar 1, 2018
Quoting: coesetaSpecs: i7 [email protected], 32GB DDR3 RAM, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X+, nvidia drivers 390.25

Did some tests in Lions Arch. the performance improved definitely. It went from ~25fps up to ~40fps on high settings. In other areas I have up to 120fps

Resolution: 1920*1080

Impressive, which build did you use?

@Xpander: Does Battlerite render correctly with those patches? Game looks interesting might give it a try :-)
coeseta Mar 2, 2018
I used the wine version you posted here.

Quoting: Avehicle7887...
If you wish to give this build a try I uploaded it to my google drive: Download Link

Or do you mean if I use Gw2 32bit or 64bit? It is 64bit if that answers your question :)

Or do you actually mean ingame. On my main, which is a necro, I am still on power reaper because that is fun for regular pve and dungeons imo. Though I have 15 chars of which are 11 fully equipped with ascended gear and some legendaries. On those I have most meta builds like chrono, condi beastmaster, heal druid, dragonhunter,... you name it ^^

Btw do you know if there is some kind of GoL or Linux guild? :)
Xpander Mar 2, 2018
Quoting: Avehicle7887@Xpander: Does Battlerite render correctly with those patches? Game looks interesting might give it a try :-)

didn't see any graphical issues, but i only tested one map. Its quite a fun game and runs good also. It ran fairly fine without the patches also, just bigger action with more spelleffects dropped the framerate, but with pba patches it drops way less

about guild wars 2, i didnt try Lions Arch, just some random map and there was some live event next to me which with regular wine dropped fps down to 25 fps (about 10-15 people size event)

and yeah i used 64bit executable as well and my resolution for all these games is 2560x1440, even though that doesnt matter much i guess for those games as i didnt see GPU usage go above 60%
coeseta Mar 2, 2018
I tested it in Lions Arch because you usually have the lowest FPS there :)
Avehicle7887 Mar 2, 2018
Quoting: coesetaI used the wine version you posted here.

Quoting: Avehicle7887...
If you wish to give this build a try I uploaded it to my google drive: Download Link

Or do you mean if I use Gw2 32bit or 64bit? It is 64bit if that answers your question :)

Or do you actually mean ingame. On my main, which is a necro, I am still on power reaper because that is fun for regular pve and dungeons imo. Though I have 15 chars of which are 11 fully equipped with ascended gear and some legendaries. On those I have most meta builds like chrono, condi beastmaster, heal druid, dragonhunter,... you name it ^^

Btw do you know if there is some kind of GoL or Linux guild? :)

I meant, where did you get the Wine build from, I read lutris is providing new builds regularly.
coeseta Mar 2, 2018
I usually simply use PoL to manage my wine versions/bottles but for this test I downloaded the build you provided :)

This one
Xpander Mar 3, 2018
Those who want to build it for Arch, Antergos or Manjaro can grab the package here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qgsnoRqonmfTkBdmfbWm-MnqSmqAayhw

just run makepkg

or if you dont have dependecies installed

makepkg -ci

World of Warcraft Testing:

Questing Legion content 50-150 FPS, mostly around 70-80

Orgrimmar in the middle (lots of people) 40-60 FPS

Settings: 2560x1440, quality slider 7, FPS caps removed 64bit WoW executable, CSMT enabled, DX11 mode

System:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.92GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
RAM: 32GB @ 2800 CL14
Monitor: 2560x1440
SSD: Samsung 960 nvme for system, Samsung 850 Evo for a Game
Distro: Arch Linux
DE: MATE 1.20
Kernel: 4.15
GPU Driver: 390.25

I still have some weird stuttering at times when turning with mouse. Doesnt happen when turning with A and D keys. Maybe WoW/wine do not like 1000hz polling or high dpi.

Weird mouse movement video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1meBtGXaQFwxG6V04Ex3-6KqLlQ8TLxnm/view tried to move mouse with the same speed all the time.
knro Mar 4, 2018
Slightly off-topic here.. why should I use wine-2.x staging when Wine 3.3 is out? I am using PlayOnLinux and install 3.3 from there. I just play NeverWinter Online and I'm getting 60 FPS with all settings maxed out on NVidia 1080.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.