You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Help with Xorg configuration
burningserenity Feb 26, 2018
So I'm back to using Bumblebee having given up Solus. For the most part, I actually get better performance this way, but of course it lacks Vulkan support.

I tried to follow these instructions: https://classicforum.manjaro.org/index.php?topic=31575.0

But the last part, configuring lightdm.conf, was different on my system. I do not have a [SeatDefaults] section, but a [Seat*] section. I created a [SeatDefaults] section with those parameters, but LightDM wouldn't start, and I had to go to the tty screen to revert my drivers.

Is there a reference I can use to better troubleshoot this process? There are several moving parts and I can't be 100% sure that was the culprit, and I don't know how to debug it short of painstaking trial and error with each file.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.