Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Can I play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Blurps Mar 2, 2018
Hi,

Do you think I can play Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with my computer ?

If someone has a similar config to test this game.

Time to buy:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
29,99€ -80% = 5,99€
http://store.steampowered.com/app/337000/Deus_Ex_Mankind_Divided/
https://steamdb.info/app/337000/

Tomb Raider
19,99€ -85% = 2,99€
https://steamdb.info/app/203160/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203160/Tomb_Raider/
Liam Dawe Mar 2, 2018
You will probably do okay on Low settings I think, still looks alright.
riusma Mar 2, 2018
On low graphic settings maybe, and I'm afraid it will not be a smooth experience... :(

On Steam you should be able to buy the game for testing and then ask for a refund if you can't play it. :S:
Blurps Mar 2, 2018
I can play Hitman on very low settings :D
The config requirement match with Deus Ex but I prefer to be sure.
Depending on the game, the beginning is mostly tutorial and probably not representative in terms of requirement.
If I can compare with Hitman, there is a gap between "Freeform Training" and "Paris: The Showstopper"
riusma Mar 3, 2018
"Tutorial / introduction" of the game is a "large" outdoor / indoor level with some nice lightning n' particles effects... I think you can try your hardware on it! (On high / ultra settings the game is a very hungry one, even on Windows, so I'm cautious on what can be expected from low hardware with low settings) :)
Ehvis Mar 3, 2018
Quoting: nIQnutnI can play Hitman on very low settings :D
The config requirement match with Deus Ex but I prefer to be sure.
Depending on the game, the beginning is mostly tutorial and probably not representative in terms of requirement.
If I can compare with Hitman, there is a gap between "Freeform Training" and "Paris: The Showstopper"

DXMD is definitely harder on the GPU than Hitman. For Hitman I needed to turn down a few GPU heavy settings like shadows to keep FPS above 30 (for my full 3440x1440 resolution anyway). I stopped playing DXMD because I needed to turn everything down to low, which made the game look 10 years old. So if you're barely getting on with Hitman, DXMD is probably a bit too much. TR2013 should be much better though. Although there are a few very heavy areas in that game.
Dunc Mar 12, 2018
Okay, I have a GTX 750 and an AMD FX 4100, which is below the minimum 8-core spec. After playing the Hitman demo with absolutely no issues at all (as you say, the posted requirements are the same), and with DXMD on sale last week, I thought I'd give it a go. I loved Human Revolution on the XB360. And... yeah, it's playable, even on slightly above minimum settings.

Well, more or less. Loading times are insane, and inconsistently so. Sometimes it'll take under minute to load an area, other times the same area will take more like four or five. I feel like I'm back in the '80s with casette tapes. :)

Also, it stutters and freezes occasionally, and crashes more often than a monkey driving a bus. But I've heard similar reports from Windows users with much better rigs than mine, so I think that's just the game. It tends to get worse over time. The first hour or so is usually relatively plain sailing, but it's rare I can can play it for much more than two before things start to go to crap. (I suspect a memory leak, but it's hard to say.)

Don't get me wrong; it sounds like I've completely wasted my money, but when it works, it's perfectly playable. Most missions are long enough that even the loading times are almost bearable. I get around 25-40fps, which for this kind of relatively slow-paced game I think is acceptable. YMMV on that, of course. I'm pretty forgiving on framerates.

If anyone else is tempted to try it, the Steam runtime works way better than native libraries by the way. Don't even think about those.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.