Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
[Guide] Installing the Ion-Maiden (DRM-Free) natively on Linux
Adamfx990 Mar 7, 2018
Ion Maiden seems to have gained a lot of peoples attention on this forum and especially appealing is the option to purchase a DRM-Free version of the game from 3D Realms' website. However, this version is a little bit confusing. Although it says it supports Ubuntu, only a Windows installer can be downloaded from the website. In truth, it will run on just about any distro and will probably also work on Mac (I'll try this at some point and let you know!) But the installer is Windows only. I've put together a guide which should help you if you've purchased/are planning to purchase the DRM-Free version of the game from 3D Realms' website but are confused about how to get it setup.

Feel free to post this guide anywhere else you think people might find it useful. Here's the guide Imgur version.
GustyGhost Mar 8, 2018
It might be worth also contacting 3D Realms about this. Maybe they can post an official guide on their page or, who knows, convince them to create an installer proper for Linux and Mac.
Adamfx990 Mar 9, 2018
Quoting: GustyGhostIt might be worth also contacting 3D Realms about this. Maybe they can post an official guide on their page or, who knows, convince them to create an installer proper for Linux and Mac.

I spoke to them about this after raising a support ticket on their website. The person I spoke to said this:

QuoteI will take with our tech department on getting a Linux build uploaded independently.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.