Re-doing the design, again!
Page: «2/11»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Apr 21, 2013
Okay did a truck load tonight, new url http://www.prxa.info/ moved the actual code over now, obviously some pages have yet to be done.

Looking for ideas and improvements.
muntdefems Apr 21, 2013
Looking nicer by the day! ^_^

A couple of observations about the main page:

1) Should the article tag go just before the intro text? May be one of those resisting-the-change things of mine, but I think it looks better the way it is now, at the end of the article title (or maybe even before it).

2) The first two article pictures, being smaller than the rest, look awkward to me. They break somehow the harmony of the page, if you know what I mean... Maybe images smaller than 350x220pix should be placed at the center of a 350x220pix box?

And about the sales page, please take a look at it because there must be something wrong with the table layout. :S:
Liam Dawe Apr 21, 2013
I kinda like the new position for it if i'm honest, since it gives titles their own space.

Yes I need to do something about pictures.

As for sales page to quote myself "obviously some pages have yet to be done" :P

I have updated the sales page a bit though now, much more work on it to be done.
muntdefems Apr 21, 2013
Much better now! :)
Liam Dawe Apr 29, 2013
I've been doing some more work on it, have a look again guys and tell me what you think of the layout of articles, comments, the different pages etc.
muntdefems Apr 30, 2013
Looks nice and I'm slowly getting used to it. I like the wider format, specially for the article comments. My complaint about picture sizes and alignment still stands, though.

About the sale page, I think a new column might be in order: apart from the Provider one, I'd like to have another one entitled Keys (or something like this) to be able to better specify the nature of the sale. E.g. a DRM-free, direct download from the developer's page which also provides a Steam key right now it only appears as being provided by Steam, and thus the sale can escape the attention of a DRM-free-loving gamer. On the other hand, there are some games sold by Gameolith or Desura that only consist on a Steam key; with the new column we could specify the Steam-only nature of the deal and still be able to display the sale origin.

What do you think?
Alex V.Sharp May 9, 2013
btw Liam, you want that mascot I created for the new website or should I archive him as well?
If so, tell me what else you'd like changed about him so I can get to it sooner rather than later.

PS. Could we please have at least a few font colours for articles available on the new site?
I've just realised that all the interviews where people were colour-coded have been desaturated... :P
Liam Dawe May 10, 2013
Yes very much so needing a standard logo now, I think the fun of the rotating logo has had it's day really.

Can you post it here as it is now Alex?

Honestly I disabled text colouring as it really bugs me, especially when you get people doing some really horrible light green colour that burns my eyes to read...
Alex V.Sharp May 11, 2013
Sure. Here, not shaded wip:
[img=164x235]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/AlexVSharp/Mock%20Ups/GOL/Liam_zps1eb545ca.png[/img]

As for the colour, you could just give it to us editors. That, and quick strike-through options.
Also, what are you going to do about the mobile/low-res version of the site?
Liam Dawe May 11, 2013
First thought if possible make him a little bit shorter hes a bit too tall right now, also remove GOL from the laptop. Not too keen on his bright blue sunglasses something just seems off about them. The rest is very cool though!

What do you mean by what am I going to do about it?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.