Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Re-doing the design, again!
Page: «3/11»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe May 11, 2013
I've passworded the test website now to stop any search engines hopefully thinking it's gol and linking it.

Info in first post.
Liam Dawe May 18, 2013
Corrected the username for the test website :)
Liam Dawe May 22, 2013
Do you guys think that for the "Top articles this week" list I should exclude editor picks from it so we don't double up? More focus on other articles then, what do you think?
sobkas May 22, 2013
Good to hear.
Alex V.Sharp May 23, 2013
Quoting: liamdaweDo you guys think that for the "Top articles this week" list I should exclude editor picks from it so we don't double up? More focus on other articles then, what do you think?
 I guess that makes sense. No point in promoting what's already popular, right? We could instead make the "Editor's Pick" more of an "Last weeks underdogs" or something where we, instead of making picks according to preference, promote some of the less visited posts? Also, how about we promote seperately the site's "special" articles? As in, the exclusive interviews, "Cheapskate's Corner", "Funding Crowd", editorials and givaways?
Liam Dawe May 23, 2013
Well I've removed editor picks from top articles for the new site that other but we can debate later :)

Sobkas as much as thats a cool design, will be sticking with Alex's in the other thread (please keep logo discussion to the other thread too).
Alex V.Sharp May 23, 2013
Quoting: liamdaweWhat do you mean by what am I going to do about it?
Well, here's a screenshot of the test website from one of the school public computers. The layout is actually rather messed up:
Liam Dawe May 23, 2013
Quoting: Alex V.Sharp
Well, here's a screenshot of the test website from one of the school public computers. The layout is actually rather messed up:
What version of firefox is that? If you resize the window a bit smaller does it snap to sizes as it should?
muntdefems May 23, 2013
I also agree on not repeating entries in both 'Editor's Picks' and 'Top Articles', and I like the idea of putting aside special articles.

About the new sales page, I really think it should include a new column to show the DRM/keys associated with the sale. Right now there are many sales from Shinyloot that include Desura or Steam keys and we can only show one provider. It would be great to be able to filter the sales that are DRM-free or that come with a certain type of key, while giving credit to the sale provider at the same time.
muntdefems May 23, 2013
Quoting: liamdawe
Quoting: Alex V.Sharp
What version of firefox is that? If you resize the window a bit smaller does it snap to sizes as it should?

I'm seeing pretty much the same in a PC from the University of Barcelona. In all fairness though, I must say it's running Ubuntu 9.04 with Firefox 3.6.11... :O
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.