Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Re-doing the design, again!
Page: «5/11»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Jun 4, 2013
I will add Gameolith, they do direct downloads from them too (working on the page atm).
muntdefems Jun 4, 2013
What? Gameolith was not one of the providers in the new design website? It certainly is in the current one.

On an unrelated topic, I've just posted [this](http://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/316?page=3) on another thread and I was wondering if you could implement some sort of feedback system to sale reports (only if they're made by registered users, of course).
Liam Dawe Jun 4, 2013
No, download provider not sale provider, remember we have two sections now :P

I was actually going to add a username to the submitted sale section for when a user is logged in so we can see who submitted it. Will probably add a guest name field too but make it optional and only for admin purposes.
muntdefems Jun 4, 2013
Quoting: liamdaweNo, download provider not sale provider, remember we have two sections now :P

Oh, I see... I actually envisioned the download provider section as a sort of DRM indication. Under that light, Gameolith games would count as generic DRM-free downloads, since they don't have any standalone client or a key-activation system like Steam or Desura do. To me, it'd look a little redundant to have a Gameolith sale marked both as a Gameolith download and a DRM-free download.

I only suggested to add GOG some time ago because it does have activation keys for games, and some sites like IndieGameStand offer GOG keys for their games from time to time. But apart from this particular case, I'd rather keep that part of the game sales table as simple as possible.

Quoting: liamdaweI was actually going to add a username to the submitted sale section for when a user is logged in so we can see who submitted it. Will probably add a guest name field too but make it optional and only for admin purposes.

Cool! ^_^
Liam Dawe Jun 4, 2013
Hmm I guess you are right, problem is Desura also has DRM-Free direct downloads now too but also some may only be available in the client so I guess we have to leave Desura in? I will remove Gameolith then since it's covered.
muntdefems Jun 4, 2013
The Desura column definitely has to stay, as many non-Desura sales offer Desura keys (e.g. the current Groupees Be Mine 8, or the Bundle In A Box), but it's true that I don't really know what to do with Desura's own sales: list them as offering both a Desura key (obvious) and a DRM-free download? Only the DRM-free download?
Liam Dawe Jun 4, 2013
I guess just list Desura on both, it doesn't take any extra work I guess to select from a dropdown.

It would also help as I can add it a "list only this type of key" like we have with the provider list now, so people could select say only Desura keys or only DRM Free.
muntdefems Jun 4, 2013
Quoting: liamdaweIt would also help as I can add it a "list only this type of key" like we have with the provider list now, so people could select say only Desura keys or only DRM Free.

That's exactly the feature our current sales page lacks the most IMO, and the reason I suggested adding the DRM/providers information. :)
Liam Dawe Jun 4, 2013
Feature is now in, go test. :)
muntdefems Jun 4, 2013
Yep, works great! ^_^

But there's a thing that still bugs me... What about e.g. the Humble Indie Bundle games? They are available as a direct DRM-free download AND as a Steam key. With the dropdown menu system we can only list one or the other, but not both.

If instead of the dropdown menu we had 3 (*) little columns (one for DRM-free, one for Desura keys and another one for Steam keys) we could show the diverse availability of some of the sales, like the HIB I mentioned before. I don't really know the technical difficulties/implications of doing it this way, but I'd certainly go for that if it's reasonably feasible.

(*) Or 4, if we count GOG in.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.