Re-doing the design, again!
Page: «9/11»
  Go to:
s_d Jun 10, 2013
Jumping in now, as I tend to wait a long time into a website design to offer criticism.  I like the new look, and look forward to whichever logo you choose.  Personally, I'm partial to the Space Invaders version, but the one with mouses works.

The mobile version is SO MUCH BETTER.  Previously, if I was not logged in, the ad banner would cover some menu options (such as the link to the wiki), with no way to access them, no matter how I would zoom, rotate, etc.  Of course, I could log in, but much of my mobile browsing of GoL was done before my membership donation, as I would suspect is the case for the lion's share of the readership.

The problem I'm seeing is that the sales page appears to be broken right now, so I can't comment on it:

QuoteWarning: PDOStatement::execute(): SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 's.drmfree' in 'field list' in /home/prxa/public_html/includes/class_mysql.php on line 34

Over all, however, it's good work!
Liam Dawe Jun 10, 2013
Sales page fixed.

The logo will eventually be switched to Alex's new mascot when he can finish it so it's only temp for a month or so hopefully.

Most of the issues I posted above have been fixed too.

Going through issues sent to me by our server guru now too. There's a lot (mostly small issues).
H-Hour Jun 11, 2013
On screens between 767px and 979px wide, your navbar doesn't quite fit. Here's some changes that will allow you to fit it.

1. Follow these instructions.

2. Add this CSS to your style.css.

Not tested so let me know if it doesn't work properly. Alternatively, you can just get rid of the Home link altogether.
H-Hour Jun 11, 2013
Liam, there's a small problem introduced by the sidebar link element code I sent you before. Change this:

.sidebar .nav>li>a:hover, .nav>li>a:focus

To this (adds .sidebar after the comma):

.sidebar .nav>li>a:hover, .sidebar .nav>li>a:focus

This will prevent the vertical shifting that happens when clicking an element in the navbar.
sobkas Jun 11, 2013
Wiki should be able to use existing accounts, without creating yet another username and password to forget.
Liam Dawe Jun 11, 2013
H-Hour done both, kept normal home icon though as it looks good anyway :)

Sobkas eventually I will try it with the wiki but it's another thing to find time for.
Liam Dawe Jun 16, 2013
Alex's current iteration of the new logo is up, go see and tell us what you think.
muntdefems Jun 16, 2013
Looks good! :)
muntdefems Jun 18, 2013
Here's a couple of bug reports/feature requests:

1) Whenever I've got an unread PM, there appears an annoying warning message at the top of the page: "Notice: Undefined variable: notifications in /home/gamingonlinux/public_html/whatever.php on line xx". I'm sending a PM to Liam so he can check for himself.

2) The IRC page doesn't seem to work: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/irc/ (404 error)

3) When editing a sale, it doesn't keep the DRM-free checkbox selected

4) Some new sales providers are needed (or the ability to create new ones :P): Humble Bundle/Humble Store, GamersGate, Amazon.com, Indiebundle.org, Bundle Stars and stacksocial. Right now I've noted them as "Not Listed", but some of them should have its own tag -- particularly the first 4.
Liam Dawe Jun 18, 2013
Quoting: muntdefemsHere's a couple of bug reports/feature requests:

1) Whenever I've got an unread PM, there appears an annoying warning message at the top of the page: "Notice: Undefined variable: notifications in /home/gamingonlinux/public_html/whatever.php on line xx". I'm sending a PM to Liam so he can check for himself.

2) The IRC page doesn't seem to work: http://www.gamingonlinux.com/irc/ (404 error)

3) When editing a sale, it doesn't keep the DRM-free checkbox selected

4) Some new sales providers are needed (or the ability to create new ones :P): Humble Bundle/Humble Store, GamersGate, Amazon.com, Indiebundle.org, Bundle Stars and stacksocial. Right now I've noted them as "Not Listed", but some of them should have its own tag -- particularly the first 4.

1) Fixed.

2) Fixed

3) Added to my todo, will fix later today

4) Go to "Manage Sale Providers" on the admin ;)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.