You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
WINE DXVK Mouse lock/offset/stuck on panning issue (select games)
TheRiddick May 10, 2018
I have this incredible annoying issue and I will use Fallout 4 as an example. I have almost exhausted all possible solutions.

First my setup,

Screen 1: 3840x2160
Screen 2: 1920x1080 (portrait mode to the right of screen 1)

Nvidia 1080ti, manjaro mate (have had this issue on other desktops).

The issue is that for select games I get mouse pan to right then lock, it's like the mouse cannot get to edge of screen to allow game to infinite turn right, I suspect the mouse viewport is somehow locked in a offset by 20pixels because on fallout 4 main menu I can tell that the mouse does not reach the EXACT edge of the right hand side of screen (cursor is about 20pixels off), I can also tell that the mouse reaches 20 pixel off the left hand side of screen, but the game does not care perhaps because there is no monitor in that direction.

Does anyone understand my issue? know some things to try. I have messed with nvidia/wine/lutris settings until blue in the face. I'm at a loss.

I CAN however get around this issue by disabling monitor 2, everything is fine then, but really WHY must I do this? why does this bug exist? sigh x infinity.
TheRiddick May 10, 2018
Possibly found a solution, involves setting virtual desktop to 3840x2160 and then forcing mouse warp on. FOR THE MOMENT this appears to work however I have found that solutions with wine often STOP working after time etc... so we will see.

Disabling the second screen seems to also work but causes crashes and screen freezing for some reason.

It should be mention that NVIDIA's new compiler needs to be disabled or you will visit triangle hell eventually (happens on ALLOT of wine games)
TheRiddick May 10, 2018
This can produce a issue that causes the menu bar to be on top of fallout4, there is a patch for this you need to build into wine itself because the wine developers are a ultra strict bunch which is why we see so many offshoots of wine, lots of fixes and patches exist but very few see themselves into wine.
TheRiddick May 10, 2018
Ok I have resolved the issue by workaround.

1) Run game in virtual window of correct size.
2) Force warp mouse to screen (some games need it, most don't)
3) build wine with the taskbar disable patch (https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=55024&action=diff)
- Taskbar = disabled needs to be set in the registry.

You may need the fallout4 patch also. So get use to building wine, I use 3.7 staging.

The two issues I have that remain are loading freezes, and sometimes 10s freezes during gameplay which recover (no biggy, likely shader/memory related) and there are a handful of textures missing proper alpha blending or something.

NOTE: FO4 Loadgame freezes and script extender issues exist still.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.