You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
  Go to:
Basemark GPU Benchmark
callcifer commented on 1 November 2018 at 10:14 pm UTC

Updated the boards, but your results look very weird. Your 1080Ti managed to outperform madchaotikan's RTX2080 on OpenGL, but significantly underperformed on Vulkan. Is it possibly a CPU thing?

Xpander commented on 1 November 2018 at 11:02 pm UTC

callciferUpdated the boards, but your results look very weird. Your 1080Ti managed to outperform madchaotikan's RTX2080 on OpenGL, but significantly underperformed on Vulkan. Is it possibly a CPU thing?

it might be, with vulkan running i didnt see any CPU load at all, basically zero, or say 1.5%. with openGL there was 1 thread going max, aka ~6% load in my 16thread cpu. so that might come down to singlethread perf as the OpenGL benchmark never capped GPU utilization also, it was just around 70%. Didnt check the GPU utilization on Vulkan though

Xpander commented on 29 November 2018 at 3:36 pm UTC

Ok updated to GPUBenchmark 1.1 but now Vulkan option isn't available for me somehow. DXVK Works, Vulkan Native games work.

OpenGL Result:

HW Info:

callcifer commented on 1 December 2018 at 3:13 pm UTC

How/where did you download 1.1?

Xpander commented on 2 December 2018 at 7:23 pm UTC

callciferHow/where did you download 1.1?

from their site, i think they took it down to fix some issues. It's 3.2GB so if you interested i can upload it somewhere. But i guess its better to wait while they have fixed version up on their website

drlamb commented on 3 December 2018 at 3:55 pm UTC

Xpander

from their site, i think they took it down to fix some issues. It's 3.2GB so if you interested i can upload it somewhere. But i guess its better to wait while they have fixed version up on their website

Please

I find the lack of AMD (vega) results disturbing and I'd like to fix that.

Xpander commented on 3 December 2018 at 5:44 pm UTC

drlamb
Xpander

Please

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NG1A6VsRRcX7G7yJ7kANnfba6e_WfPmm

pete910 commented on 6 December 2018 at 3:06 pm UTC

drlamb
Xpander

Please

Good luck with that on vega, Still a no go on vulkan

callcifer commented on 6 December 2018 at 3:51 pm UTC

There is a new 1.1.0 release, hopefully with fixes. I've updated the Arch package.

EDIT: OK finally managed to test the new release. No Vulkan option and a worse OpenGL score for me

pete910 commented on 6 December 2018 at 11:45 pm UTC

callciferThere is a new 1.1.0 release, hopefully with fixes. I've updated the Arch package.

EDIT: OK finally managed to test the new release. No Vulkan option and a worse OpenGL score for me

Replied to you on reddit I think, There's no Vulkan option for me either. AMD RX64

Edit:

What kind of score difference are you seeing ?

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts