Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Basemark GPU Benchmark
Page: «2/8»
  Go to:
callcifer Nov 1, 2018
Updated the boards, but your results look very weird. Your 1080Ti managed to outperform madchaotikan's RTX2080 on OpenGL, but significantly underperformed on Vulkan. Is it possibly a CPU thing?
Xpander Nov 1, 2018
Quoting: callciferUpdated the boards, but your results look very weird. Your 1080Ti managed to outperform madchaotikan's RTX2080 on OpenGL, but significantly underperformed on Vulkan. Is it possibly a CPU thing?

it might be, with vulkan running i didnt see any CPU load at all, basically zero, or say 1.5%. with openGL there was 1 thread going max, aka ~6% load in my 16thread cpu. so that might come down to singlethread perf as the OpenGL benchmark never capped GPU utilization also, it was just around 70%. Didnt check the GPU utilization on Vulkan though
Xpander Nov 29, 2018
Ok updated to GPUBenchmark 1.1 but now Vulkan option isn't available for me somehow. DXVK Works, Vulkan Native games work.

OpenGL Result:

[

HW Info:
[
callcifer Dec 1, 2018
How/where did you download 1.1?
Xpander Dec 2, 2018
Quoting: callciferHow/where did you download 1.1?

from their site, i think they took it down to fix some issues. It's 3.2GB so if you interested i can upload it somewhere. But i guess its better to wait while they have fixed version up on their website
drlamb Dec 3, 2018
Quoting: Xpander

from their site, i think they took it down to fix some issues. It's 3.2GB so if you interested i can upload it somewhere. But i guess its better to wait while they have fixed version up on their website

Please:)

I find the lack of AMD (vega) results disturbing and I'd like to fix that.
Xpander Dec 3, 2018
Quoting: drlamb

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NG1A6VsRRcX7G7yJ7kANnfba6e_WfPmm
pete910 Dec 6, 2018
Quoting: drlamb

Good luck with that on vega, Still a no go on vulkan
callcifer Dec 6, 2018
There is a new 1.1.0 release, hopefully with fixes. I've updated the Arch package.

EDIT: OK finally managed to test the new release. No Vulkan option and a worse OpenGL score for me :(
pete910 Dec 6, 2018
Quoting: callciferThere is a new 1.1.0 release, hopefully with fixes. I've updated the Arch package.

EDIT: OK finally managed to test the new release. No Vulkan option and a worse OpenGL score for me :(

Replied to you on reddit I think, There's no Vulkan option for me either. AMD RX64

Edit:

What kind of score difference are you seeing ?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.