Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
[fixed] Comments bug
Liam Dawe Jul 6, 2018
Just FYI, there is an issue right now with comments going to the mod queue that aren't supposed to.

Will look over what happened tonight.
mcphail Jul 6, 2018
I briefly had access to the admin notifications as well. Maybe related?
Liam Dawe Jul 6, 2018
Quoting: mcphailI briefly had access to the admin notifications as well. Maybe related?
You mean it popped up in your nofitications bar or you could actually view the admin?
mcphail Jul 6, 2018
Yes. It was like a chat panel with all the editors and discussion about upcoming articles. I stumbled across it because my notification icon listed something like "1 new admin notification". It is gone now.
Liam Dawe Jul 6, 2018
Interesting! Will be taking a look as soon as I am back.

Rather confused how that could happen.
Liam Dawe Jul 6, 2018
This should now be solved.
razing32 Jul 6, 2018
I no longer see the prompt telling me my comment is going to the admin queue

What was the issue ? Just curios
Liam Dawe Jul 6, 2018
Still going over it. Essentially, an editor had someone log into their account. This person adjusted the Supporter user group, to be forced into the mod queue. Unsure on their motives, not seeing anything else done.
razing32 Jul 6, 2018
Quoting: liamdaweStill going over it. Essentially, an editor had someone log into their account. This person adjusted the Supporter user group, to be forced into the mod queue. Unsure on their motives, not seeing anything else done.

Ouch.
Like something deliberate ?
Or just a mistake ?
Liam Dawe Jul 6, 2018
Quoting: razing32
Quoting: liamdaweStill going over it. Essentially, an editor had someone log into their account. This person adjusted the Supporter user group, to be forced into the mod queue. Unsure on their motives, not seeing anything else done.

Ouch.
Like something deliberate ?
Or just a mistake ?
Quite obviously deliberate, but they didn't do much as I said, only seemed to adjust user groups which I've re-adjusted. Obviously the editor has changed their password now and the session was destroyed for whoever it was, so no real harm done.

Currently improving a few back-end things, to keep tabs on any and all editor activity to prevent any future issues.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.