Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group R4
Page: «3/5»
  Go to:
Soltrumman Aug 12, 2018
Can't connect to Racenet either. Just get "The Racenet service is not available. Please try again later" every time i try to enter Leagues or Online events. Been looking for a cause but have not been able to find anything yet so will probably miss this event.
Xpander Aug 12, 2018
First post updated. Sad to see racenet login problems :(

I didnt have any issues this time but i have had it once in the past. The league website has been down several times but usually times have been still uploaded.
Skully Aug 12, 2018
Was pretty clean for me. No real mistakes. I am enjoying the Mitsubishi, fantastic car to drive in the game.

Oh here is a pic of my rig as was requested a while ago. Wheel is a Logitech G920.

tuubi Aug 13, 2018
Wow Skully. The safety harness seems a bit unnecessary, but I like the rest. :D

Quoting: XpanderThe league website has been down several times but usually times have been still uploaded.
It would be fine if the website was down for a bit, but the game not connecting and not letting me play online for two days is a bigger problem. The site was working just fine.
Fakeman_Pretendname Aug 13, 2018
I also couldn't connect to racenet for any league/online play - I'd done the first three stages earlier in the week, but it wouldn't let me connect when I tried to finish yesterday. It's still giving me the "Racenet is not available" today. Is it definitely a Codemasters problem, or is there perhaps something wrong at my end?
tuubi Aug 13, 2018
Quoting: Fakeman_PretendnameIs it definitely a Codemasters problem, or is there perhaps something wrong at my end?
Seeing as both Soltrumman and I have the same problem as well, I don't see how it could be at your end. Maybe the problem only affects the Nordic region? I'm in (northern) Finland, and Soltrumman's name sounds Swedish to me. How about you?

In any case, I'm 99% sure it's something Codemasters needs to fix in either the game or their server backend. Could be a routing problem of some sort if it's region-specific. Or maybe the servers are geographically far off and we're hitting a timeout due to latencies. Who knows.
Fakeman_Pretendname Aug 13, 2018
I'm in the UK, so it's certainly not just Scandinavia (but could be Western/Northern Europe?). Other thing is judging by our "OS icons" next to our names, Soltrumman and me are on Ubuntu, you're on Mint - not sure if Mint still shares repos with Ubuntu, but has something perhaps updated in a repo which has stopped it working? I had a Steam Update the other day, though it doesn't seem to be affecting anything else badly.

I agree it's most likely a Codemasters problem that needs fixing, but I've not seen anyone else mention it on the Steam Forum, so I've just put a post on there in the Tech Support bit, so we'll see if that results in anything useful. Otherwise I guess we wait :(
lucinos Aug 13, 2018
I also have the problem and I am in Greece. I use Manjaro, I do not believe that the distribution has anything to do with it.
Skully Aug 14, 2018
Quoting: tuubiWow Skully. The safety harness seems a bit unnecessary, but I like the rest. :D

Yeah harness is really dumb. Never used it lol. It is bolted to the frame though, so it stays until I need to disassemble it.
tuubi Aug 16, 2018
Just received an email from Feral that the issue with Racenet has finally been resolved. About time.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.