Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Dead Cells (GOG) No controller
TurtleShark Aug 20, 2018
Hey, I have two machines (Ubuntu and Debian) that are not recognizing Xbox360/XboxOne( used "unconventionally" )/Generic controllers at all in Dead Cells (they work fine in every other GoG game). I have seen a GoG thread on it, but their recommendations did not work. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Is this a known issue with Dead Cells or is this isolated to my setups?

EDIT: for clarification on the XboxOne Controller
legluondunet Aug 20, 2018
If you will not find a solution, you should open a ticket on Gog support.
You can launch the game from a terminal and post the log too.
TurtleShark Aug 20, 2018
Quoting: legluondunetIf you will not find a solution, you should open a ticket on Gog support.

You can launch the game from a terminal and post the log too.

I will put in a ticket. Launching from the terminal doesn't give any good log info Essentially two lines saying "Starting Game"
I hope they could resolve this issue. I'm interesting by an eventual solution, could you post the result here?
TurtleShark Aug 21, 2018
Of course! I am working out the ticket with them now. Will post the outcome.
TurtleShark Aug 23, 2018
Alright, looks like the issue MIGHT have been the fact that my controller was wireless. By running xboxdrv with the "--mimic-xpad" run option I was able to get the controllers working. The option is supposed to mimic a wired xbox controller input. Things are working now :)
legluondunet Aug 23, 2018
Glad to read it's resolved.
It's the developer or the Gog support wich resolved your issue?
geop0p3 Aug 23, 2018
Having the same problem but with the xbox one s controller using Xpad Neo... Any ideas on how to get it to work with Dead Cells?? I tried with xpad mimic but it tells me no xbox controller is available.

Thank you!
TurtleShark Aug 23, 2018
Quoting: legluondunetGlad to read it's resolved.
It's the developer or the Gog support wich resolved your issue?

Was actually a forum post in the end: https://www.gog.com/forum/dead_cells/bug_gamepad_doesnt_work_in_linux/ (solution posted by "Coldstate"

Quoting: geop0p3Having the same problem but with the xbox one s controller using Xpad Neo... Any ideas on how to get it to work with Dead Cells?? I tried with xpad mimic but it tells me no xbox controller is available.

Thank you!

Have you tried it wired yet? I'm not terribly familiar with Xpad Neo, but it might conflict with xboxdrv (again, not familiar enough to be sure on that).

I do feel like I might have caused a little confusion. So to clarify, this xboxdrv trick worked for my Xbox360 wireless controller using the xbox360 wireless receiver, and for my 8bitdo controller that is using a usb reciever that gets recognized as a xbox360 wireless controller by Linux.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.