Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
SteamPlay compatibility list
Page: «3/21»
  Go to:
lucifertdark Aug 28, 2018
Quoting: skyrrd
Quoting: lucifertdarkThere is a fix for the sound & crash on exit for Skyrim, Winetricks xact, haven't tested it myself yet but others are reporting that it works for them.

Dont forget the dll-overwrites ;-)
Afaik this fix only works with a 32bit prefix.
i have tested it on 64bit and am still facing these issues.
Ah now that wasn't mentioned on the list, good to know, is Proton 32bit or 64bit?
ageres Aug 28, 2018
Quoting: lucifertdarkAh now that wasn't mentioned on the list, good to know, is Proton 32bit or 64bit?
Proton is written on Python. I'm not sure if Python scripts can be called 32 bit or 64 bit.
legluondunet Aug 28, 2018
Quoting: lucifertdark
Quoting: skyrrd
Quoting: lucifertdarkThere is a fix for the sound & crash on exit for Skyrim, Winetricks xact, haven't tested it myself yet but others are reporting that it works for them.

Dont forget the dll-overwrites ;-)
Afaik this fix only works with a 32bit prefix.
i have tested it on 64bit and am still facing these issues.
Ah now that wasn't mentioned on the list, good to know, is Proton 32bit or 64bit?

I don't know if it is the answer you waited for, but Proton prefix in Steam are 64 bits, so Proton used by Steam should be a 64 bits program.
legluondunet Aug 28, 2018
New tool: http://proton.city/
It's a search engine based on the Google doc Steamplay compatibility list maintained by the community.
A more friendly way to search info about a Steamplay game compatibility.
Redface Aug 28, 2018
Quoting: ageres
Quoting: lucifertdarkAh now that wasn't mentioned on the list, good to know, is Proton 32bit or 64bit?
Proton is written on Python. I'm not sure if Python scripts can be called 32 bit or 64 bit.
Proton does include some Python scripts, but it is a fork of wine with some additional projects included, and so also mostly written in C.
Quoting: ageres
I'll hold my hands up & admit I have spent years trying to avoid anything to do with Wine, now I wish I hadn't as I need to know these things.
Quoting: legluondunetNew tool: https://proton.city/
It's a search engine based on the Google doc Steamplay compatibility list maintained by the community.
Thanks for the link legluondunet, that is so much easier to read than the spreadsheet. :D
Comandante Ñoñardo Aug 28, 2018

Thanks for the link!

I would like to see a compatibility list with a modest hardware like a core i3 - Ryzen 3 / GTX 750ti - GTX 960 -GTX 1050ti

I will do my part assembling a PC with ye olde core i3 4160 and a GTX 750ti/960 for to see what happen.
I'm gonna try different distros for curiosity: Zorin 12.4, Ubuntu 16.04.5 and Ubuntu 18.04.1
14 Aug 29, 2018
This is pretty sweet, however the HTTPS version you linked did not connect for me.
legluondunet Aug 29, 2018
Corrected, thank you.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.