You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
  Go to:
SteamPlay compatibility list
lucifertdark commented on 27 August 2018 at 9:14 am UTC

ageresGames I've tested so far:

Games which work:
The Ultimate Doom
Quake
Dark Souls 2: SotFS - when I was using Wine, I couldn't get Right Trigger working on any of my controllers which is binded for a heavy attack. With Proton it works!
Spelunky - doesn't recognize Steam Controller, can be played with Logitech F710
Mortal Kombat X - stopped responding after I switched it from windowed mode to borderless, worked fine after restarting
Prey (2017) - I can use a controller only if it's Steam Controller and Steam is in BPM. The good news is that the game knows if Steam Controller is used, prompts its buttons instead of XOne layout and even uses backside buttons.
Sonic Mania
Skyrim: Special Edition - it works fine except for voice sounds.

Games which don't work:
Battalion 1944
Batman: Arkham Knight
Max Payne - I can launch it, but all I see is the loading screen. I can hear main menu music and sound effects when I move my mouse where menu options should be. AFAIR the Android version of Max Payne has the same problem, and I could get it started blindly by using a controller. I can't do the same with a mouse.

All games were played at maximum graphics settings.
There is a fix for the sound & crash on exit for Skyrim, Winetricks xact, haven't tested it myself yet but others are reporting that it works for them.

skyrrd commented on 27 August 2018 at 10:25 am UTC

lucifertdarkThere is a fix for the sound & crash on exit for Skyrim, Winetricks xact, haven't tested it myself yet but others are reporting that it works for them.

Dont forget the dll-overwrites ;-)
Afaik this fix only works with a 32bit prefix.
i have tested it on 64bit and am still facing these issues.

sr_ls_boy commented on 27 August 2018 at 4:26 pm UTC

On legluondunet's first link. Nearly 60% of the games are at least Stable or Completely stable.

lucifertdark commented on 28 August 2018 at 7:06 am UTC

skyrrd
lucifertdarkThere is a fix for the sound & crash on exit for Skyrim, Winetricks xact, haven't tested it myself yet but others are reporting that it works for them.

Ah now that wasn't mentioned on the list, good to know, is Proton 32bit or 64bit?

ageres commented on 28 August 2018 at 7:33 am UTC

lucifertdarkAh now that wasn't mentioned on the list, good to know, is Proton 32bit or 64bit?
Proton is written on Python. I'm not sure if Python scripts can be called 32 bit or 64 bit.

legluondunet commented on 28 August 2018 at 10:31 am UTC

lucifertdark
skyrrd

Ah now that wasn't mentioned on the list, good to know, is Proton 32bit or 64bit?

I don't know if it is the answer you waited for, but Proton prefix in Steam are 64 bits, so Proton used by Steam should be a 64 bits program.

legluondunet commented on 28 August 2018 at 10:33 am UTC

New tool: http://proton.city/
It's a search engine based on the Google doc Steamplay compatibility list maintained by the community.
A more friendly way to search info about a Steamplay game compatibility.

Redface commented on 28 August 2018 at 7:06 pm UTC

ageres
lucifertdarkAh now that wasn't mentioned on the list, good to know, is Proton 32bit or 64bit?
Proton is written on Python. I'm not sure if Python scripts can be called 32 bit or 64 bit.
Proton does include some Python scripts, but it is a fork of wine with some additional projects included, and so also mostly written in C.

lucifertdark commented on 28 August 2018 at 7:17 pm UTC

ageres
I'll hold my hands up & admit I have spent years trying to avoid anything to do with Wine, now I wish I hadn't as I need to know these things.

lucifertdark commented on 28 August 2018 at 8:38 pm UTC

legluondunetNew tool: https://proton.city/
It's a search engine based on the Google doc Steamplay compatibility list maintained by the community.
A more friendly way to search info about a Steamplay game compatibility.
Thanks for the link legluondunet, that is so much easier to read than the spreadsheet.

Go to:

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts