Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
SteamPlay compatibility list
Page: «2/21»
  Go to:
lucifertdark Aug 26, 2018
Here's a short list of games I've tested & found to be working with Steam Play....

7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover
A reckless disregard for Gravity
Adventure Communist
Bejewelled 3
Bioshock
BioShock Remastered
Borderlands
Cargo! The Quest for Gravity
Coin Crypt
Desperados 2
Defense Grid: The Awakening
The Ultimate Doom
Final Doom
Master Levels for Doom 2
Doom 2
Doom 3 + ROE
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
FLOCK!
Hard Reset Redux
Heretic
Neighbours From Hell
Neighbours From Hell 2
Orcs Must Die!
Orcs Must Die! 2
Prey (Original)
Quake + Mission Packs
Quake 2 + Mission Packs
RAGE
Spelunky
Torchlight (yes I know there's a native port)
Unreal Gold (same for this one)
Trailer Park Boys:Greasy Money

My criteria for working is, I can get past the menu & actually play the game.

Edit: Just remembered the Hexen games aren't working at the moment, openGL problems.
ageres Aug 26, 2018
Games I've tested so far:

Games which work:
The Ultimate Doom
Quake
Dark Souls 2: SotFS - when I was using Wine, I couldn't get Right Trigger working on any of my controllers which is binded for a heavy attack. With Proton it works!
Spelunky - doesn't recognize Steam Controller, can be played with Logitech F710
Mortal Kombat X - stopped responding after I switched it from windowed mode to borderless, worked fine after restarting
Prey (2017) - I can use a controller only if it's Steam Controller and Steam is in BPM. The good news is that the game knows if Steam Controller is used, prompts its buttons instead of XOne layout and even uses backside buttons.
Sonic Mania
Skyrim: Special Edition - it works fine except for voice sounds.

Games which don't work:
Battalion 1944
Batman: Arkham Knight
Max Payne - I can launch it, but all I see is the loading screen. I can hear main menu music and sound effects when I move my mouse where menu options should be. AFAIR the Android version of Max Payne has the same problem, and I could get it started blindly by using a controller. I can't do the same with a mouse.

All games were played at maximum graphics settings.
legluondunet Aug 26, 2018
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: legluondunetthat there is a compatibility list here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DcZZQ4HL_Ol969UbXJmFG8TzOHNnHoj8Q1f8DIFe8-8/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0
and you can add your test here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeefaYQduMST_lg0IsYxZko8tHLKe2vtVZLFaPNycyhY4bidQ/viewform

How do we know no one is submitting false information in that online list?

It's not an official list and some people surely let bad results because they didn't respect requirements for Proton. But you can have an idea about how game works with Proton. If you see for a game 6 playable mention on 8 tests...you could be confiant. More than that some users let workaounds for the game to work. You can also cross this list with a search on Proton github issues.
legluondunet Aug 26, 2018
Look here: https://gist.github.com/ananace/bc3e51c030c948d869166722d8adb957

Try devinfo or fps instead of "1"
coolbober Aug 26, 2018
Tested on Kubuntu 18.04 Nvidia 740M Driver 390.77

My list:

Ultra Street Fighter IV - All OK even Online play
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - Works. I didn't check online play.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 - works. I didn't check online play
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 -works. I didn't check online play
Redout - works. I didn't check online play
Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit - works. I didn't check online play

With small extra effort:
Mortal Kombat Komplete - options.ini file need to be edited before play
Street Fighter x Tekken - works but patch need to be installed https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=649186874
lucifertdark Aug 26, 2018
Quoting: GuestHow do we know no one is submitting false information in that online list?
As someone who has added to that list, I can tell you there are at least a few entries that you can rely on to be true.
Leopard Aug 26, 2018
Quoting: GuestHow do I enable DXVK HUD in Steam?

I tried "DXVK_HUD=1 %command%" in the Steam Launch Option but nothing appears.

If a game doesn't use DXVK in the first place that HUD option won't take any effect.

Which game you're trying?

DX9 games using Wine's DX9 renderer , DX10 games are also using Wine's DX 10 renderer for now.

Only DX11 games will work with DXVK now.

Also native OpenGL and Vulkan games won't take effect from that HUD.

For example: Doom 2016 , Wolfenstein New Order , Wolfenstein 2 etc.
lucifertdark Aug 27, 2018
Quoting: ageresGames I've tested so far:

Games which work:
The Ultimate Doom
Quake
Dark Souls 2: SotFS - when I was using Wine, I couldn't get Right Trigger working on any of my controllers which is binded for a heavy attack. With Proton it works!
Spelunky - doesn't recognize Steam Controller, can be played with Logitech F710
Mortal Kombat X - stopped responding after I switched it from windowed mode to borderless, worked fine after restarting
Prey (2017) - I can use a controller only if it's Steam Controller and Steam is in BPM. The good news is that the game knows if Steam Controller is used, prompts its buttons instead of XOne layout and even uses backside buttons.
Sonic Mania
Skyrim: Special Edition - it works fine except for voice sounds.

Games which don't work:
Battalion 1944
Batman: Arkham Knight
Max Payne - I can launch it, but all I see is the loading screen. I can hear main menu music and sound effects when I move my mouse where menu options should be. AFAIR the Android version of Max Payne has the same problem, and I could get it started blindly by using a controller. I can't do the same with a mouse.

All games were played at maximum graphics settings.
There is a fix for the sound & crash on exit for Skyrim, Winetricks xact, haven't tested it myself yet but others are reporting that it works for them.
skyrrd Aug 27, 2018
Quoting: lucifertdarkThere is a fix for the sound & crash on exit for Skyrim, Winetricks xact, haven't tested it myself yet but others are reporting that it works for them.

Dont forget the dll-overwrites ;-)
Afaik this fix only works with a 32bit prefix.
i have tested it on 64bit and am still facing these issues.
sr_ls_boy Aug 27, 2018
On legluondunet's first link. Nearly 60% of the games are at least Stable or Completely stable.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.