You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
SteamPlay/Proton Skyrim SE
Gryxx Aug 25, 2018
To make it short:
I want to continue save that is alredy modded. Prviously i used mod organizer, now i just need to copy some files (see PS). The thing is, some of mods needs feature calld SKSE64, so i need SteamPlay to launch custom exec from within Skyrim installation files. Anyway to do that?

PS. Someone with scripting knowledge to copy all files from many directoris to single directory like from 3456/* to /temp, 3124/* to /temp and so on?
chris.echoz Aug 26, 2018
The copying should be doable with something like:
find -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d -print0 | while read -rd '' dir; do echo "cp -r \"$dir/\"* ." | bash; done
You can remove | bash if you want to see what commands it will execute.
Gryxx Aug 26, 2018
Quoting: chris.echozThe copying should be doable with something like:
find -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d -print0 | while read -rd '' dir; do echo "cp -r \"$dir/\"* ." | bash; done
You can remove | bash if you want to see what commands it will execute.

Thanks, that really helps.
tuubi Aug 26, 2018
You can get rid of the unnecessary pipes by using find's -exec parameter to call cp, but even a simple cp with globs (*/*) would probably do the trick in this case.
Gryxx Aug 26, 2018
I should seriously start learning advanced bash. @chris.echoz command seems to do the job (but seriously, 6 to 7 cores at 100%, what is it doing?). For the rest of my question I'm currently trying to follow second method from there

I'll let you know if it is working.
Gryxx Sep 1, 2018
I was able to launch it with this method, but unfortunately SKSE64 does not work in Protan. Bethesda.net mods and mods installed manually seems to work as long as they don't require SKSE.
chris.echoz Sep 1, 2018
Quoting: GryxxI should seriously start learning advanced bash. @chris.echoz command seems to do the job (but seriously, 6 to 7 cores at 100%, what is it doing?). For the rest of my question I'm currently trying to follow second method from there

I'll let you know if it is working.
The command runs a new instance of bash for every single folder it's copying files from, which is probably pretty CPU-intensive.
Maybe using -exec with find is faster, though I don't know how it works with wildcards.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.