Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group 2000
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
Xpander Oct 11, 2018
Greece Done. Went terribly again, small mistakes cost a lot :(, but even without those mistakes i couldn't have matched Starving times on second and fourth stage. I think without those mistakes i would of been still 10-15 sec slower overall.

Summary:

S1: Clean
S2: Overshoot the hairpin, reverse needed
S3: Roll, by cliping a stone, reverse needed
S4: Crash into advertismentboard (it didnt even move), reverse needed, overshot the hairpin also with reverse needed
Xpander Oct 21, 2018
UK done. Did really bad again. Mistakes cost a lot. Setup was good though.

S1: Roll on the long straight, flew almost into the crowd, engine stalled. lost around 10 sec
S2: Crash into the ditch between trees, tried to get back up for 10-15 sec, got teleported onto the road +15 sec :(
S3: Small mistake on the hairpin, reverse needed, 2-3 sec lost
S4: Small bump into the fences, car spun. lost 4-5 sec
Fakeman_Pretendname Oct 21, 2018
Quoting: XpanderUK done. Did really bad again [...]

Your "really bad" is still 40secs faster than my "almost perfect" on every stage :D

S1 & S2 Almost perfect for me, a couple of bumps and extra slow corners.
S3 & S4 Flew off the road a few times, got stuck trying to drive back on track, caught a few trees etc. Worse than normal.

I've missed a few rounds this time because of work, but I've enjoyed these cars - very forgiving and quite easy to control. Glad I managed to race this one just before the time ran out :)
Xpander Oct 21, 2018
Next i think i will make a Group B RWD for more distasters :)
That will be probably last Event/Tournament/Season i create. Someone else can take over then, if people still want to play this. I kinda lost interest in this game, not enough tracks, know most of them quite well already.

But yeah i lost about 40 sec in total with those mistakes there, so it could have been a lot better..but thats how the rally is. Mistakes happen. For me mistakes happen mostly because i want to cut the corners so much to win some time, but sometimes there are hidden bumps or rocks there that i dont remember and the car will be flying :)
tuubi Oct 21, 2018
I've had a busy week and honestly I was too tired to play, but I did it anyway. I went off track at least once or twice on every stage, and some parts I simply drove a bit too carefully, but nothing too catastrophic happened so that was good enough for third place. Unless someone does better in the next three hours of course.

I might be faster in one of the other cars, but I kind of like how the Subaru feels to drive so I picked it again.

Last week I forgot to finish my run. I had to save and quit after doing the first stage and only remembered about it after the event had ended. :(

Thanks for manning the wheel (pun intended) for so long Xpander! I don't feel up to taking over, but hopefully someone else does. It would be a shame to give up on the longest running GOL tournament after all this time.
Xpander Oct 22, 2018
And new event is up: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?module=viewtopic&topic_id=3554&page=1

I might still set up events if there is enough interest, probably won't take part in some myself though.

You are right, we can't just stop our longest running tournament :)
tuubi Oct 23, 2018
Quoting: GuestI would like to participate… If I had a wheel… Because some cars are just unplayable with a gamepad. The mini is ok but it’s impossible to play with some other cars.
Of course a wheel would be nice, and might even make me slightly more competitive, but I can enjoy the game just fine with my cheap Logitech gamepad. Some of the cars are really difficult to handle, but impossible isn't the word.

I have to admit I'm not doing brilliantly in the current monthly with the Stratos, but that car is just bonkers. I've tamed it a bit with probably a very slow setup, but I rarely dare to stomp on the throttle or steer very hard. And if I lose control, the only way to handle it is to simply let go of both pedals/triggers and try to keep the car pointing the right way until it settles. But hey, if I quite consistently finish in or at least close to the top tier in online events, I can't be that badly disadvantaged by my less than optimal controller. And there are plenty of people doing a lot better with gamepads.

I'm not trying to convince you that you should enjoy the game. If you don't, then you don't. What I'm saying is I do, despite the lack of a wheel, and I find the experience worth the steep learning curve. In fact, I've never been so hooked by a driving game in my life. ~380 hours and counting... Although I bet I would have moved on long ago if it wasn't for the GOL league.
Redface Oct 23, 2018
Thanks for creating a new event Xpander and for doing it for so long now:-)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.