Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Distance
Rooster Oct 7, 2018
I wanted to give a shout-out to this game. Just finished the campaign and wow.. Everyone who haven't yet picked it up, I highly recommend you to do so. For me, it is best game of 2018 by a slide.

When I saw the trailer, I had pretty high expectations of what this game should be like. This game then took those expectations on a wild adrenaline ride and proceeded to fuck my expectations brains out.

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/distance-the-amazing-atmospheric-racing-platformer-is-now-officially-out.12580
Rooster Oct 8, 2018
Quoting: GuestThe campaign in this game is just boring.

Can you elaborate on this? I find it interesting, because when I finished the campaign, I honestly believe that there can be no one who would find the game boring. Perhaps if it's not ones cup of tea, but otherwise I can't imagine.

And trust me, I'm not easy to impress when it comes to games.
Liam Dawe Oct 8, 2018
I adore the atmosphere and the challenge to the game, it's basically a platformer in a lot of ways with a racing game bolted on. The campaign was awesome.
g000h Oct 9, 2018
My impressions, from watching a couple of videos and reading a couple of reviews, are that it is a high-speed thrill ride utilising interesting parkour-style jumping game-play along with arcade racing.

The graphics are stunning, the music sounds great and fits the style of game. It would appear that there are multiple tracks/areas, and the player is given opportunity to learn the various freestyle tricks, as the difficulty increases through continued play.

For me there are plenty of games which don't need to have a fleshed-out campaign or an engaging, interesting story to be fun to play. This does look very good fun, and lots of people are giving it positive reviews on Steam.

I'm quite happy playing games like "Race the Sun", "Devil Daggers", "Rocket League", "Ballistic Overkill" which don't have an over-arching story to keep them interesting.
Rooster Oct 10, 2018
Quoting: GuestWell I really don’t understand what people find in this game. It has nice graphics, but that’s about it (and even then from a gameplay point of view they are bad because you can’t see the road). There is no challenge at all, you just go full speed and nothing happens. There is no goal, no reason to drive on this strange road, no explanation, no opponent, nothing. What made you continue playing?

I was simply enjoying the gameplay. Like in Doom, you don't play it with certain goal in mind, you enjoy it because killing demons is goddamn fun. Also, there were some sections which I did find quite challenging. Especially when you had to jump longer distance on vertical road with your flying disabled.

For me, the experience was full of adrenaline and looking forward to being shocked what the game throws at me next. I'm also a sucker for when gameplay is in sync with its soundtrack and Distance nailed it down for me.

But I'm glad you commented on this, it is always good to know an opinion from the other side of spectre.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.