You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Hangs/Freezes when Vulkan v-sync (VK_PRESENT_MODE_FIFO_KHR) is enabled
Leeo97one Nov 25, 2018
Quoting: GuestThere is no reason to use vsync. Especially with low end gpus with low frame rates. Vsync is often disabled in the game default settings.
I don't get the point of your answer. There are (and I have) reasons to use v-sync, otherwise I would never have report this problem. And I don't think I'm using a low-end GPU actually.

Sorry but I'm looking for a more useful answer than "Problem with vsync? Just don't use it.".
Leeo97one Nov 25, 2018
Yeah, also think it's a driver issue, which is why I first reported the problem on the NVIDIA Developer Forums. And then, I shared the link here to see if "Is anyone able to confirm/reproduce this problem?".
Of course I know that I can disable v-sync or Vulkan in some cases, but this will not fix the issue itself. I really want the NVIDIA driver to be as good as possible.

But anyway, thanks for your suggestion, I'll try with other present modes such as VK_PRESENT_MODE_MAILBOX_KHR, if possible.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.