You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay.!
Virtual Programming still in the game
m2mg2 commented on 6 December 2018 at 3:44 pm UTC

Virtual programming added two new games under In Development section. After finally releasing MXGP3 they have added A Hat in Time and Gravel to their In Development section. There have been some complaints about the performance of MXGP3, which as far as know uses OpenGL. I think for them to continue succeeding with higher end games they need to shift to Vulkan. Since they've now released a couple of Nintendo Switch games, which as I understand uses Vulkan, they should have the Vulkan talent. Personally I'm quite happy that Virtual Programming have reappeared as Feral seems to be the only other porter producing much for Linux (SteamPlay aside).

tuubi commented on 6 December 2018 at 4:49 pm UTC

Nintendo Switch supports Vulkan, but also OpenGL 4.5 and their own NVN.

Xpander commented on 6 December 2018 at 4:55 pm UTC

Gravel is good news. Hope vulkan yeah as the MXGP3 runs much much better with steamplay

DoctorJunglist commented on 6 December 2018 at 5:02 pm UTC

Wow, great news! I'm really excited about The Hat In Time.

I already have the game, I got it in a humble bundle, so I guess I'll have to buy the game OST once the game releases, to show support for the Linux version. The game has some issues via SteamPlay, so I guess I'll wait for the Linux version to be complete.

Gravel seems really nice too, we don't have enough racing games. I'll probably get it too.

MXGP3 is on my wishlist as well, I'm waiting for the game to on a nice sale.

m2mg2 commented on 6 December 2018 at 9:23 pm UTC

tuubiNintendo Switch supports Vulkan, but also OpenGL 4.5 and their own NVN.

I was unaware the Switch supported OpenGL. So maybe Virtual Programming doesn't have Vulkan talent.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
None currently, submit yours here!
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts