Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Virtual Programming still in the game
m2mg2 Dec 6, 2018
Virtual programming added two new games under In Development section. After finally releasing MXGP3 they have added A Hat in Time and Gravel to their In Development section. There have been some complaints about the performance of MXGP3, which as far as know uses OpenGL. I think for them to continue succeeding with higher end games they need to shift to Vulkan. Since they've now released a couple of Nintendo Switch games, which as I understand uses Vulkan, they should have the Vulkan talent. Personally I'm quite happy that Virtual Programming have reappeared as Feral seems to be the only other porter producing much for Linux (SteamPlay aside).
tuubi Dec 6, 2018
Nintendo Switch supports Vulkan, but also OpenGL 4.5 and their own NVN.
Xpander Dec 6, 2018
Gravel is good news. Hope vulkan yeah as the MXGP3 runs much much better with steamplay
DoctorJunglist Dec 6, 2018
Wow, great news! I'm really excited about The Hat In Time.

I already have the game, I got it in a humble bundle, so I guess I'll have to buy the game OST once the game releases, to show support for the Linux version. The game has some issues via SteamPlay, so I guess I'll wait for the Linux version to be complete.

Gravel seems really nice too, we don't have enough racing games. I'll probably get it too.

MXGP3 is on my wishlist as well, I'm waiting for the game to on a nice sale.
m2mg2 Dec 6, 2018
Quoting: tuubiNintendo Switch supports Vulkan, but also OpenGL 4.5 and their own NVN.

I was unaware the Switch supported OpenGL. So maybe Virtual Programming doesn't have Vulkan talent.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.