Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Game recomendation
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Gryxx Dec 29, 2018
I've recently played Deus Ex mankind Divided and Shadowrun Returns. I would like to play some more games that tackle on cybernetics implants. Preferably without debuff associated like in Shadowrun.
Thanks in advance

EDIT: I prefer native Linux games, but proton is still viable option
wvstolzing Dec 29, 2018
I'll be 'that guy', and mention the obvious: The original Deus Ex, and Human Revolution. Neither of these are native titles, of course, but they run great on wine. If you still feel like playing some DX *after* these, you can also get DX 2 Invisible War (a lesser title, though still an ok game).
stretch611 Dec 30, 2018
Deux EX: Mankind divided runs on native linux. According to steam it was ported by Feral.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/337000/Deus_Ex_Mankind_Divided/

I have it in my library and steam offers to install it. (I got it from a Humble Bundle or Monthly and never played it yet.)

As for Cybernetic games, I can't think of any in particular or I would have replied to this thread earlier.
Gryxx Dec 30, 2018
Quoting: wvstolzingI'll be 'that guy', and mention the obvious: The original Deus Ex, and Human Revolution. Neither of these are native titles, of course, but they run great on wine. If you still feel like playing some DX *after* these, you can also get DX 2 Invisible War (a lesser title, though still an ok game).

Already completed original Deus Ex. Lost interest halfway throughout playthrough of second one. I'm currently trying to beat Human Revolition, i just can't stop comparing it to sequel.

Quoting: Guest
I've already tried Watch Dogs, when i was still dual booting. It didn't fit. For a Dead Space- i've only heard of this game. May be worth trying.

Thanks for recommendations. Any new proposals are welcome.
wvstolzing Dec 30, 2018
This is also likely to be beside the point, but fans of DX are usually recommended the Dishonored series as a follow-up in the same style of gameplay. It doesn't involve cybernetics, though it reproduces similar abilities in 'supernatural' terms. (I haven't played any Dishonored yet, though I got the first one during a sale a while ago for a couple of bucks -- will get around to playing it one of these days; apparently the first runs w/o problems on wine.) Development is led by Harvey Smith, the lead designer of the original DX; and Warren Spector, the creator & director of the original DX, has a very high opinion of the series. Check out: https://www.pcgamesn.com/underworld-ascendant/warren-spector

... and there's the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, of course. I wonder if it'll be possible to run that on top of wine.
amatai Dec 30, 2018
Shadowrun Dragonfall, this game is so superior to Return in every aspect.

Not video games, but the book Neuromancer and the Japanese animation Serial Experiments Lain are great cyberpunk piece of Art.
Gryxx Dec 30, 2018
Quoting: amatai
Quoting: wvstolzing
Thanks. Already know these games( at this point who do not know cyberpunk 2077?), but i'll look up into available ones nonetheless.
TobyGornow Dec 30, 2018
Hi,

Try Observer, one of the best in recent memory for me. Gorgeous, great storyline, terrific ambiance. Native on Linux.

If you like fast FPS, you can't go wrong with Hard Reset, I had a blast with it still have to finish the new levels they added. Platinum on ProtonDB.

If you like it rough, you can try EYE the divine cybermancy, dirt cheap on steam thanks to the winter sales. Not native but based on the source engine therefore should be fine with Proton.

A bit far fetched, but Riddick assault on Dark Athena is great, with an excellent SF / Cyberpunk vibe, not on GOG or Steam look on Ebay it should be cheap. Fine with Wine.

And last but not least, let's go old-school, 3 point & click with Beneath a steel sky, Technobabylon & the one and only Blade Runner from Westwood.

Hope it helped.

And I second amatai about Serial experiment Lain, it's great.

EDIT : Typo and how could I forget System Shock 2 & BAT II - The koshan Conspiracy both dealing with cybernetics.
Shmerl Jan 1, 2019
Quoting: wvstolzing... and there's the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, of course. I wonder if it'll be possible to run that on top of wine.

That would depend on what they are using. So far there was no technical information about the game at all. If they are using Vulkan (which is possible), it will run in Wine with little overhead. If they are stupidly using DX12, we have vkd3d.
damarrin Jan 1, 2019
Knowing how cd project operates and how MS is doing in Poland, I’d be very surprised if they chose Vulkan over a MS-proprietary technology.
Shmerl Jan 1, 2019
Quoting: damarrinKnowing how cd project operates and how MS is doing in Poland, I’d be very surprised if they chose Vulkan over a MS-proprietary technology.

How is MS doing in Poland? I'm not familiar with it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.