You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
MAD MAX: New activity detected on Linux depots
Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 10 January 2019 at 6:18 pm UTC

https://steamdb.info/app/234140/history/
I wonder if they gonna implement Vulkan in the official version.

I also detected, about a month ago, activity on Linux depots of Rise of The Tomb Raider.

Is good to see activity on ported games, because that is my biggest complain about Linux ports; they are abandoned months after being released.

Avehicle7887 commented on 10 January 2019 at 7:33 pm UTC

Mad Max supports Vulkan for a long time now. Maybe Feral got something cooking.

Comandante Ñoñardo commented on 10 January 2019 at 7:40 pm UTC

Avehicle7887Mad Max supports Vulkan for a long time now. Maybe Feral got something cooking.
I think Vulkan is only available in the Beta version of the game.

Jmsnz commented on 15 January 2019 at 9:21 pm UTC

It may not be the Linux depots.. They're in the process of updating a bunch of macOS titles to 64bit/Metal.

liamdawe commented on 16 January 2019 at 1:20 pm UTC

JmsnzIt may not be the Linux depots.. They're in the process of updating a bunch of macOS titles to 64bit/Metal.
It was the Linux depots, you can see it quite easily.

Ehvis commented on 16 January 2019 at 1:55 pm UTC

liamdawe
JmsnzIt may not be the Linux depots.. They're in the process of updating a bunch of macOS titles to 64bit/Metal.

It's harder to see that it was the code depot that was updated because the depot names have code/content switched around for Linux.

liamdawe commented on 16 January 2019 at 2:41 pm UTC

Ehvis
liamdawe

It's harder to see that it was the code depot that was updated because the depot names have code/content switched around for Linux.
Nah, it's easy. Example: https://steamdb.info/app/234140/history/?changeid=5654633

Hover over the ID, tells you it's Linux.

Ehvis commented on 16 January 2019 at 2:58 pm UTC

liamdaweHover over the ID, tells you it's Linux.

Yes, it tells you that it's "Linux contents" (data) while it is actually the Linux binaries.

liamdawe commented on 16 January 2019 at 4:29 pm UTC

Ehvis
liamdaweHover over the ID, tells you it's Linux.

Yes, it tells you that it's "Linux contents" (data) while it is actually the Linux binaries.
I get what you're saying now, the point is the same though, the Linux build is seeing some behind the scenes updates.

Mohandevir commented on 16 January 2019 at 8:56 pm UTC

I'm crossing my fingers that it is about an official Vulkan release including a fix for the Steamos-BPM freeze!

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts