Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
MAD MAX: New activity detected on Linux depots
Comandante Ñoñardo Jan 10, 2019
https://steamdb.info/app/234140/history/
I wonder if they gonna implement Vulkan in the official version.

I also detected, about a month ago, activity on Linux depots of Rise of The Tomb Raider.

Is good to see activity on ported games, because that is my biggest complain about Linux ports; they are abandoned months after being released.
Avehicle7887 Jan 10, 2019
Mad Max supports Vulkan for a long time now. Maybe Feral got something cooking.
Comandante Ñoñardo Jan 10, 2019
Quoting: Avehicle7887Mad Max supports Vulkan for a long time now. Maybe Feral got something cooking.
I think Vulkan is only available in the Beta version of the game.
Jmsnz Jan 15, 2019
It may not be the Linux depots.. They're in the process of updating a bunch of macOS titles to 64bit/Metal.
Liam Dawe Jan 16, 2019
Quoting: JmsnzIt may not be the Linux depots.. They're in the process of updating a bunch of macOS titles to 64bit/Metal.
It was the Linux depots, you can see it quite easily.
Ehvis Jan 16, 2019
Quoting: liamdawe
Quoting: JmsnzIt may not be the Linux depots.. They're in the process of updating a bunch of macOS titles to 64bit/Metal.

It's harder to see that it was the code depot that was updated because the depot names have code/content switched around for Linux.
Liam Dawe Jan 16, 2019
Quoting: Ehvis
Quoting: liamdawe

It's harder to see that it was the code depot that was updated because the depot names have code/content switched around for Linux.
Nah, it's easy. Example: https://steamdb.info/app/234140/history/?changeid=5654633

Hover over the ID, tells you it's Linux.
Ehvis Jan 16, 2019
Quoting: liamdaweHover over the ID, tells you it's Linux.

Yes, it tells you that it's "Linux contents" (data) while it is actually the Linux binaries.
Liam Dawe Jan 16, 2019
Quoting: Ehvis
Quoting: liamdaweHover over the ID, tells you it's Linux.

Yes, it tells you that it's "Linux contents" (data) while it is actually the Linux binaries.
I get what you're saying now, the point is the same though, the Linux build is seeing some behind the scenes updates.
Mohandevir Jan 16, 2019
I'm crossing my fingers that it is about an official Vulkan release including a fix for the Steamos-BPM freeze!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.