Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
Virtual Programming multi monitor issue
chui2ch commented on 17 January 2019 at 3:05 am UTC

I just changed to a 2 monitor setup, and my primary monitor is on the right. Virtual Programming games are the only ones that refuse to launch on my primary monitor. Is there any solution that is currently working to fix this? I have tried to use the launch option --eon_force_display=0 but it does not work for any of the VP games I own.

Xpander commented on 17 January 2019 at 7:13 am UTC

primary on the right has always been problematic, much less issues when its on the left. Anyhow. try launching windowed and then move it to the correct screen with your shortcut keys. alt+space and then move or whatever your DE has. once in the correct one alt+enter to make it fullscreen again. Next time you open it it should remember where it was. At least thats how it has been with MATE desktop for me, for games that have shitty multimonitor handling

chui2ch commented on 17 January 2019 at 12:21 pm UTC

Xpanderprimary on the right has always been problematic, much less issues when its on the left. Anyhow. try launching windowed and then move it to the correct screen with your shortcut keys. alt+space and then move or whatever your DE has. once in the correct one alt+enter to make it fullscreen again. Next time you open it it should remember where it was. At least thats how it has been with MATE desktop for me, for games that have shitty multimonitor handling
Alt+space works to move it to the correct monitor. XFCE does not remember it when I launch the game again, but at least I am able to get the games on the correct screen. Thank you for the solution.

Update: I just wanted to state that I think its crazy that Saints Row 4 switches back to the wrong monitor when you change any video setting.

Due to spam you need to Register and Login to comment.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts