Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Virtual Programming multi monitor issue
chui2ch Jan 17, 2019
I just changed to a 2 monitor setup, and my primary monitor is on the right. Virtual Programming games are the only ones that refuse to launch on my primary monitor. Is there any solution that is currently working to fix this? I have tried to use the launch option --eon_force_display=0 but it does not work for any of the VP games I own.
Xpander Jan 17, 2019
primary on the right has always been problematic, much less issues when its on the left. Anyhow. try launching windowed and then move it to the correct screen with your shortcut keys. alt+space and then move or whatever your DE has. once in the correct one alt+enter to make it fullscreen again. Next time you open it it should remember where it was. At least thats how it has been with MATE desktop for me, for games that have shitty multimonitor handling
chui2ch Jan 17, 2019
Quoting: Xpanderprimary on the right has always been problematic, much less issues when its on the left. Anyhow. try launching windowed and then move it to the correct screen with your shortcut keys. alt+space and then move or whatever your DE has. once in the correct one alt+enter to make it fullscreen again. Next time you open it it should remember where it was. At least thats how it has been with MATE desktop for me, for games that have shitty multimonitor handling
Alt+space works to move it to the correct monitor. XFCE does not remember it when I launch the game again, but at least I am able to get the games on the correct screen. Thank you for the solution.

Update: I just wanted to state that I think its crazy that Saints Row 4 switches back to the wrong monitor when you change any video setting.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.