Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through Paypal, Flattr and Liberapay!
Mount & Blade : Warband crashes all the time
tlax38 commented on 18 January 2019 at 9:42 pm UTC

Hi everyone,
a few weeks ago, my computer crashed (no game was launched at that moment) and after that, M&B:W, which I had been previously playing for hours without any problem has taken any occasion to crash: when I open my inventory, my party status panel, character panel, when I attack an enemy party and so on.
What I have done to try to solve the problem:
- verifying the local files integrity
- uninstalling/reinstalling the game
Nothing worked until now.
My OS is Debian 9.
My other Steam games (Civilization 5, Faeria, Lifeless planet) have no problem.
Thanks by advance for your help.

tlax38 commented on 19 January 2019 at 7:09 pm UTC

GuestTry the native Linux version.

See winehq

- by "native linux version", do you mean that I should reinstall MB:W with no update? Is there a tutorial somewhere?
- I've tried to use Wine before, it always failed. And I wonder why I should use it for a game that is compatible with linux.

tlax38 commented on 19 January 2019 at 11:11 pm UTC

Ok I think I understand: when I right-click on MB:W there's an option "configure MB:W" where there is the option "Native" which is (already) selected. Is that it?

tlax38 commented on 21 January 2019 at 7:52 am UTC

I got some news: I moved my saves in another folder and started a brand new game. I played 2 hours more or less not in one go: I created a character played a bit, closed the game, then played again... the problem doesnt appear with these diffrent saves. Might the previous ones that I moved be corrupted?

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • The Dark Eye: „Drakensang“ (via Proton)
  • Date:
See more!
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts